Hop to stop Kaspersky ads in KIS, for Password Manager and Kaspersky VPN

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi, I’m getting Kaspersky ads popping up (6 months free Password Manager and Subscribe to Kaspersky VPN) - how can I stop them please? I’ve turned off notifications - I think. Thanks. 

Hello @billpete

Welcome back!

1. When KIS was installed, was install KPM declined
  2. In the Supported browsers, Firefox, Chrome, Edge Chromium, is the KPM extension/addon, installed & enabled? 
  3. Is Kaspersky VPN installed? 
  4. If possible, may we also see full screen image of the VPN alert? 
  5. May we know your location please? 
  6. & please provide the information requested by @Danila T. Read before you create a new topic

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hi Flood and thanks gain!

1. I can’t remember, but I probably did decline as I don’t want to be tied to Kaspersky
  2. No - the only enabled extension in Chrome is Kaspersky Protection
  3.  I’ve no idea - I don’t know what it is or why I should want/need it. But whatever it is I’m not paying more for it
  4. The alert’s appear occasionally - I’ll keep a look out for it and post when I see it next
  5. I see the page -  Do you just want me to forward this reply to them?

Thanks again

Pete

Hello @billpete, Pete, 

You’re very welcome☺ !

Thank you for the information👌

Question 5, no, we just need information, please read on: 

Kaspersky VPN → What is Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection, you do not have to have KVPN; when KIS is installed, it automatically installs Kaspersky’s Free VPN; go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features, in the Search field, type    Kaspersky → press enter, take a screen print & post back (see our image 1 example, at the end of our reply) 

Regarding KPM Decline during install, please show us an image of the KIS main window (hide any private information), see our image 2 below as an example

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @billpete, Pete, 

Thank you for the information👌

Ok, so, both KPM & KVPN are installed:

KPM, installed → 17/02/2021
KVPN, installed → 29/11/2020

Uninstall both, one at a time

1. Uninstall KVPN (see our image example), when the uninstall completes, shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login
  2. Uninstall KPM, when the uninstall completes, shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.

Let us know when both are uninstalled & confirm with a screen image from Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features, in the Search field, type Kaspersky → press enter, please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

• Solution

Hello @billpete

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for the image👌 

OK, we now need you to monitor for both alerts, with the following “caution”, because KIS was installed with KPM “accepted”, KIS may still “think”, that you really do want KPM and again start sending prompts; should this happen, we need you to uninstall KIS, saving License information ONLY, leave all other check boxes blank, download & clean install KIS, during the install process, make sure you select Decline for KPM, and, because Kaspersky automatically installs KVPN, you’ll need to uninstall KVPN all over again, yes, agreed, total PIA!

Let us know how things go please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋