Getting PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR in Firefox when using Kaspersky Total Security

Dave2339
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

When using Firefox I am getting PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR in any tab I open or refresh.  The error goes away when I disable Kaspersky.

Error does not happen in Chrome or Edge.

Running Windows 7, Firefox 105.0.1, Kaspersky TS 21.3.10.391 (j)

This started hppening abou a week ago.

• Solution
On 10/3/2022 at 1:48 PM, Dave2339 said:

When using Firefox I am getting PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR in any tab I open or refresh.  The error goes away when I disable Kaspersky.

Error does not happen in Chrome or Edge.

Running Windows 7, Firefox 105.0.1, Kaspersky TS 21.3.10.391 (j)

This started happening about a week ago.

Hello @Dave2339

Welcome!

Please try this solution from @Igor Kurzin

1. Open Kaspersky Total Security (KTS), select Settings⚙, select General, uncheck Enable Self-Defense, select Save, select Yes to confirm the action.
  2. Exit KTS - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Exit.
  3. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete the contents = all files and folders.
  4. Start KTS.
  5. Enable Self-Defense.
  6. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.
  7. Re-check the issue?

Please share the outcome, with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...

I am sorely tempted to look for a new AV after this...

Thanks to Flood and Flood's Wife for the solution!!!

The "PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR" error took Firefox completely out of action for me after simply adding my new KIS activation code...

Then Drop box stopped working

Then Outlook Email stopped working

To say I've had a FRUSTRATING couple of days would be an understatement

Not helped by Apple Fanboys with their helpful "Buy a Mac" comments... ?

back up and running now though, thanks again F&FW :)

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same problem...since a couple of days ago, I am unable to use any browser while KTS is running. However, I cannot use F&FW's solution for my system, since I don't have any report folder in my KTS installation:

image.thumb.png.607eb69aa4fe15510daa04d0760a8e89.png

Any ideas how I can fix that browser issue?

Am 3.10.2022 um 05:41 schrieb Flood and Flood's wife:

Hello @Dave2339

Welcome!

Please try this solution from @Igor Kurzin

1. Open Kaspersky Total Security (KTS), select Settings⚙, select General, uncheck Enable Self-Defense, select Save, select Yes to confirm the action.
  2. Exit KTS - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Exit.
  3. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete the contents = all files and folders.
  4. Start KTS.
  5. Enable Self-Defense.
  6. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.
  7. Re-check the issue?

Please share the outcome, with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• 6 months later...

I see that this is an old problem, but new for me. I wish I knew what caused the problem to begin with, but I just renewed KTS--maybe that had something to do with it?  After fits-and-starts, I stumbled on Flood's solution and it worked. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, JoeNSD said:

I see that this is an old problem, but new for me. I wish I knew what caused the problem to begin with, but I just renewed KTS--maybe that had something to do with it?  After fits-and-starts, I stumbled on Flood's solution and it worked. Thanks.

Hello @JoeNSD

Thank you for posting back & the udate, we're delighted to read the solution worked. 

Regarding renewing KTS, there's still the option to upgrade / covert KTS to Kaspersky Plus for *free*, the upgrade = *like-for-like*, so, Kaspersky Plus will have Standard/Free VPN, not Unlimited, as KTS comes with  Standard/Free VPN, converted Kaspersky Plus also includes Kaspersky Password Manager Premium & Kaspersky Safe Kids Premium - for 1 year. 

Read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T.  & IF proceeding with the upgrade:

Follow these steps to prepare, uninstall & install: 

1. Do a System backup. 
  2. *Important* make sure the KTS *Activation code* is stored in (your) MyKaspersky account. 
  3. Export KTS Settings/configuration. Follow: How to export application settings.  (Do not Import into the new app, it's a backup config only at the moment).
  4. Uninstall KTS, follow: How to uninstall the application, do not Save any data for future use - except for *License information* & Data vault - IF you've ever created & used the Data vaults. 
  5. *Upgrade* to Kaspersky Plus: use *link* in Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T.Kaspersky Plus & How to install the application? 
  6. Make sure to sign into (your) MyKaspersky account -> from the Kaspersky Plus app, to ensure the app & the account synchronise & the license information is validated?  
  7. At the completion of the upgrade, make sure the computer is shutdown, rebooted. 
  8. After logging back in, run a Full scan - make sure it's clean. 
  • Any issues, please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Resource: 

*Full* Kaspersky Plus Online-help library

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
adjusted numbering