Failure of WIFI driver after installing Kaspersky Internet Security

Maal656

System: Windows 11.

With system working properly, if I install Kaspersky Internet Security (application version 221.3.10.391(j))) everythings seems to be OK, but after some time I lost Internet:

• There is no WIFI tray icon in the right bottom corner of screen.
  • If I go to "Device manager", the "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz" appears with a warning symbol, and when clicking on it the message "Windows stopped this device because it informed about problems (Code 43)" is shown (see screenshot).

In this situation I have to delete the device. To search new devices (so it is detected again), and to enter again all WIFI passwords, as they are lost during this process.

I've reinstalled Windows, and I can confirm that problem appears after Kaspersky installation, so I gess it is messing something with Wifi drivers.

Once the problem arises, even desinstalling KIS the problem remains, so a reinstall is necessary in order to have a valid (and stable) WIFI access.

Please inform how to proceed to solve this problem (as I would like to maintain the KIS installed, as I have a valid license).

Thank you and regards.

Sin título.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, @Maal656

Please try to do the following step and reply back the result.

Disable K self-defense.

Run the following powershell command with admin prividge.

cmd /c "sc delete klim6"

after do that, Does it reply back any error messages? If no, Please run the following command to check whether klim6 ndis driver has been deleted or not.

cmd /c "sc query type= driver group= NDIS"

2023-01-17_153747.thumb.jpg.1d02bb5b829c62f635f62cbbf7dc7f2b.jpg

After do all the steps, Please reboot the PC to check this issue has gone or not?

Regards.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...