Error while scanning the encrypted connection emxdgt, cs.emxdgt.com

Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear people, Please, I need your help. What does it mean and should I be worried because I am receiving this message constantly from Kaspersky Total Security ? Thank you very much!

Hello @gusicadnan

Welcome!

1. Which browser is being used when the alert happens? 
  2. Does the alert happen when the browser is first opened, i.e. without going to any sites or when you go to specific sites - if “specific”, tell us the sites, tell as much details as possible please?
  3. Which extensions/addons are installed & enabled in the browsers? 
  4. When (date), did the problem start please? 
  5. Go to KTS Reports, find any events that match “error while scanning Encrypted connections”, save the report & attach📎 to your reply please? 
  6. Read Error during an encrypted connection scan in a Kaspersky application
  7. Read @Danila T. guide Read before you create a new topic! & provide the information please → except, don’t worry about images as you’ve already kindly done that bit🙂

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

I am a free user so I don’t get technical support. I guess I can’t say they do a terrible job, I’m getting what I pay for!

I’m referring to the “Details” option as show in gusicadnan’s screen shot. It’s actually the same page that you link to in point #6. I’m no expert, so the information they give me is not enough for me to know what to do about it. In that regard, they do a terrible job of providing free users with expense tech support!  ; )

I went to reports and searched as you mentioned in #5, but it didn’t return any results. If it happens again, I’ll pay more attention to any possible causes, such as the websites I visited.

Hello @GeorgeAndPuddin'

Thank you for posting back & explaining how the issue impacts you👌

From our perspective, when people say, ”I get the exact same error”, we understand that to mean, they have identical hardware, software, network & environmental factors as the original poster, & as you can see from the original post, they shared very little with us…. 

You/us knowing “websites visited”, is very important, as is: 

1. Operating system version & build → in Windows search field, type winver, a small popup will show the information?
  2. Is the software Kaspersky Security Cloud Free (KSCF) or Kaspersky Free? 
  3. Which Kaspersky version & patch(x), x = letter; on the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  4. Is the certificate being reported always “cs.emxdgt.com”? 
  5. Which browser is being used when the alert happens? 
  6. Does the alert happen when the browser is first opened, i.e. without going to any sites or when you go to specific sites - if “specific”, tell us the sites, tell as much details as possible please?
  7. Which extensions/addons are installed & enabled in the browsers? 
  8. Has the Error while scanning the encrypted connection” issue always happened, if “yes”, when did it start please? 

Sharing the information with us, may help us help you troubleshoot & resolve the issue. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hi all, we have been investigating this issue, we will provide an update as soon as there is news. 

The workaround is to click “Ignore and remember”:

If the alert continues, then add the url (e.g. cs.emxdgt.com) to exclusions via Settings → Network settings → Manage exclusions → Add. 

In addition I suggest to enable block of data collection in Private browsing component + enable Antibanner.

Link

I hope you figure it out, as I have the same issue!

I’m not sure if it’s related, but Kaspersky antivirus bugged on my Windows 10, after working like a charm for a year. I have the paid version. I had to uninstall and reinstall the program, to make it work again. My computer was probably without anti-virus for a week because of this.

I just want to know what software/extension is causing this error. Then I will make my decision wether to accept this exclusion or not. There has been 11 replies to this topic, but I still don’t get a satisfactory answer. 

As to the answer given about “the exact same problem”, I really doubt that an url or domain name would change with different configurations. This kind of answers should not be given as it is not relevant to the issue reported here. 

So thanks for telling us what software/extension this domain, e1.emxdgt.com is related to. 

I am getting the same pop-up error message. A Google search has given mixed results…

One site says it is an ad tracker, and another site shows it has something to do with Amazon. I am not currently logged into Amazon, so either way this site should not be tracking me…

emxdgt.com

Hello!

1. The general issue should be fixed in the next patch for the product (should be released in the first half of June).
  2.  Selecting Ignore and remember option should help to get rid from the issue.

In addition I suggest to enable block of data collection in Private browsing component + enable Antibanner.

I may know the cause of this error. I suggest you in Kaspersky look into whether it has to do with the Spyrix Free Keylogger. I installed this on my own computer a while ago, to log my keystrokes. With it installed I got the error, but after I uninstalled it the error disappeared.

If I’m right, peeps here should know that you may have a keylogger on your computer.

Hi,

I don’t consider this issue to be solved.

I get the same message. 

I have found the pattern. It appears every time when I visit page  https://www.speedtest.net/ with chrome browser and run a test. I believe it’s related to some add.

Currently there are options:

Add to exclusion (which I don’t want to since I don’t trust cs.emxdgt.com),

Details which opens page https://support.kaspersky.co.uk/common/error/other/13720?cid=KTS_21.3&utm_source=interceptor&utm_medium=product&utm_campaign=KTS_21.3

and Ignore (Ignore and Remember). According to details page:

• Ignore the notification. In this case, the Kaspesky application will terminate the secure connection to the website. The website page will open without decrypting the protected traffic and may be displayed incorrectly. 

I’m not sure if I understand correctly. Does it actually terminate or ignore? I whish there would be an option to Block the page permanently. This should block all the communication with suspicious website.

Regards Matjaz

Hi, I don’t consider this issue to be solved. I get the same message. I have found the pattern. It appears every time when I visit page  https://www.speedtest.net/ with chrome browser and run a test. I believe it’s related to some add.

Currently there are options:

Add to exclusion (which I don’t want to since I don’t trust cs.emxdgt.com),

Details which opens page https://support.kaspersky.co.uk/common/error/other/13720?cid=KTS_21.3&utm_source=interceptor&utm_medium=product&utm_campaign=KTS_21.3

and Ignore (Ignore and Remember). According to details page:

• Ignore the notification. In this case, the Kaspersky application will terminate the secure connection to the website. The website page will open without decrypting the protected traffic and may be displayed incorrectly. 

I’m not sure if I understand correctly. Does it actually terminate or ignore? I whish there would be an option to Block the page permanently. This should block all the communication with suspicious website. Regards Matjaz

Hello @Matjaz

Welcome!

1. Where exactly have either @Igor Kurzin or @Anton Mefodys, advised (in their replies above), the issue is solved? 
  2. Correct, atm there are 3 options:

Add to exclusions. 

Ignore.

Ignore and Remember =

1. terminates the secure connection, it does not terminate the browser. 
  2. the website will open without decrypting protected traffic
  3. end result: website may display incorrectly. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

I just created a brand new OS installation a few days ago.  I get this as well.  I do not have any torrent software installed.  To date I have only installed GOG Galaxy, Epic Games Launcher, Opera GX, Steam, Discord, Uplay\Ubisoft Connect, TurboLan. Logitech Capture, Amazon Music,  Armoury Crate, Nvidia Control panel\Geforce Experience, Realtek Audio Console and Kapersky Security Cloud.  Of those, i don't think any have advertising other than the game launchers that have stores.