Enable Pings on Win 11

Go to solution Solved by harlan4096,

I think this should be really simple but I have been on to Kaspersky Support and they were not helpful. 

Can you someone please tell me how to enable responses to Ping requests on my Win 11 PC. I have been on to the Firewall>Packet Rules and checked that ICMP replies are allowed but it made no difference. Any help gratefully received. 

Tony

Welcome to Kaspersky Community.

Can Your provide operating system and K. product versions installed?.

I have KPremium 21.15a + W11Pro + K. FireWall packet rules in default settings, and I can ping without issues in a command prompt session (cmd.exe). I can ping my router, myself own IP system and others in my network... 🤔

• Like 2

Kaspersky Plus V21.15.8.493 on Win11 23H2 (fully up to date). I am trying to ping the Windows Box from a Linux (it is a homemade network monitor) and it has been working fine up until I installed Kaspersky where it has stopped working. The packet rules are the default rules on install. 

Many thanks for your help. 

• Like 1

• Solution

Try this: go to K. FireWall settings -> Available networks, then find Your current network adapter You are using now for that system -> then select Home -> Edit -> be sure it is in Trusted NetWork.

Also, be sure You have in Your W11 shared options enabled, and Your network is tagged as Private.

• Like 1