Downloading Kaspersky Rescue Disk 18

Dzomlija
Go to solution Solved by Yury N.,

I am a long time user of KAspersky Total Security and Kaspersky Rescue Disk. In particular, I’ve been using KRD10 for awhile now, and wish to upgrade to KRD18, but I’ve been having a terrible time with the download:

https://rescuedisk.s.kaspersky-labs.com/updatable/2018/krd.iso

The Issue I’m having is that the download is extraordinarily slow (between .5KB/s and 16KB/s) and always fails. I have in 4 days not been able to download the ISO image of Kaspersky Rescue Disk 18.

This occurs despite my having contacted my ISP to determine whether or not the problem is with my internet connection. Downloads from other sites do not present this issue.

My question is this - Are there any mirror sites (perhaps located in South Africa or Europe) from which I can legally download Kaspersky Rescue Disk 18 without trouble?

I’ve tried download KRD18 using

1. Firefox 72.0.2
  2. Chrome 79.0.3945.130
  3. Edge Chromium 79.0.309.68

Yury, while writing this response to you, I started the download using the link you provided. It would appear to be an issue with the original download being over HTTPS and not HTTP, which is working ok. The download is going well around 250KB/s - 300KB/s with an ETA of 40 minutes.

Thank you.

Thank you Yuri, for the help.

I have successfully downloaded and written KRD18 to a USB drive.

I now just have one other related question - Does the embedded Kaspersky Rescue Tool automatically update its database before scanning when an internet connection is available?

Other than that, you can close this thread and mark it as solved.

Thanks again.