Disable automatic Kaspersky version update.

Hello Everyone, Good afternoon.
I'm here raising another subject for knowledge, I hope you can clarify the matter.
I will be detailing the subject with some points to make it easier.

If you can put the answers in the points that are mentioned, it will be better for understanding.

1- We know that there is a way to manually update the Kaspersky database so that it can be updated manually, so far so good, now I wanted to know "How do I prevent the Kaspersky product version from being updated automatically?"
2- If there is any way to disable automatic updating of the Kaspersky version, could you provide a step-by-step guide?
3- I see that the vast majority of Antivirus products on the market have this option to update the product version when the customer wants to do so. Examples of antiviruses are AVAST, ESET, BITDEFENDER and others.
4- I see that other products on the market like Avast always launch a new version of their product every month. Kaspersky takes a long time to launch its products, why?
5- Could you tell us when Kaspersky releases new versions?

I would like to thank everyone on this subject, I hope my doubts are resolved.
Thanks! 🙂

Also,

If you want prevent automatic upgrade for example from version 21.16 to 21.17 then i see one option - block with firewall upgrade.exe and upgrade_launcher.exe :classic_biggrin:

In older versions of kaspersky was this feature included in settings something like this --> do not install new versions... or so..
image.thumb.png.829c3efd90854f6406978230aff3653d.png

• Like 3

2 часа назад, harlan4096 сказал:

Welcome to Kaspersky Community.

Go to Security on vertical left Menu, then scroll down:

image.png.dded78b2906252875b83b134add717b3.png

And click over:

image.png.1ad1c221db415b3509659f135e041040.png

Then:

image.png.14fc377a9bd5db9bce7f5c0d21132a46.png

Next -> Schedule:

image.thumb.png.0e3654ece5a322d3c6ffc781eec66f2f.png

To run manually, click over Update button:

image.png.a32228719df7349cc996279c89957cfa.png

Thanks for the information, but this tip you gave only works for updating the database. I wanted to block product updates.
4: can you answer me?
5: can you answer me?

2 часа назад, nexon сказал:

Além disso,

se você quiser evitar a atualização automática, por exemplo, da versão 21.16 para 21.17, vejo uma opção - bloquear com firewall upgrade.exe e upgrade_launcher.exe  :classic_biggrin:

Nas versões mais antigas do Kaspersky, esse recurso estava incluído nas configurações, algo como isto -> não instale novas versões... ou algo assim..
imagem.thumb.png.829c3efd90854f6406978230aff3653d.png

Great friend, like it, I'll test it to see if it works here for me.
Can you answer my other questions?
I numbered it to make it easier

How nice it would be to choose when to install the latest version of the product manually. It would be great if the Kaspersky team had seen our comments to put a button to choose when to install or not the new version of the software

4- I see that other products on the market like Avast always launch a new version of their product every month. Kaspersky takes a long time to launch its products, why?

K. new versions take recently some months to be out, they are tested in public beta testing until They get enough stable and then are released. So compared to the past, K. is releasing new versions very fast.

5- Could you tell us when Kaspersky releases new versions?

Just check my previous reply, currently version 21.17 is un public beta testing:

• Like 3

Thank you to everyone here who helped me with my questions.
This team in this community is very good and helpful

2 часа назад, nexon сказал:

Also,

If you want prevent automatic upgrade for example from version 21.16 to 21.17 then i see one option - block with firewall upgrade.exe and upgrade_launcher.exe :classic_biggrin:

In older versions of kaspersky was this feature included in settings something like this --> do not install new versions... or so..
image.thumb.png.829c3efd90854f6406978230aff3653d.png

Great friend. I went to do the tip you told me I went to the firewall rules and searched for Kaspersky, I didn't find these two. as the image informs.

image.thumb.png.e47975bf5a315be609a3e67579bac7c3.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nexon disse:

Some exe file you must add to for example trusted zone (I am not on pc right now)... 

Friend, I'll wait when you have it on your PC. because the KASPERSKY firewall doesn't show these files so it's blocking them.
You can rest assured when you can help. You leave a tip here and I'll look at it and try to do it. 🙂

41 minutes ago, nexon disse:

Friend, after a while looking at KASPERSKY here, checking and found it, I went to manage application >>> Restrictions, when I arrived at the window I had to remove the Kaspesrky product from hidden so that it could appear, follow the image below to check if it is correct. I'm going to restart the computer here to see if the rules will come out or not. When I come back, I'll post whether they came out or not.

image.thumb.png.b419eff9506f5f49b54122fc1fa6b887.png

• Like 1

I just restarted the computer, opened KASPERSKY and went to the same location, everything is marked as I left it.
Now only with time when I see a new PRODUCT update to see if it will actually be blocked, until I want to unlock and install it.
Hugs friend. 🙂

2 minutes ago, nexon disse:

Should be blocked and never offered for you if you have blocked upgrade launchers like this 🙂

I went to check more deeply on the subject, I was looking to see if it was possible to block it as much as I did now, or through the firewall, I wasn't able to do so before using the firewall, because all Kaspersky processes are hidden, now it takes you out of the hidden, I can see it.

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning guys,
As I said in this topic, I would return to the post if by chance the Kaspersky version went from (b) to (c), even having carried out the procedure we discussed here in the topic on this subject.
Look at the image when I went to see it today, the version was modified, even though I blocked it.

imagem.thumb.png.a62df72aca963da83558b5e99d867341.png

Does anyone have any other way to block updates? as we mentioned in this thread?

Someone who followed this topic saw what I did to block Kaspersky application updates with the help of friends here.
I did everything else when version (c) came out. It wasn't supposed to be updated, since I had blocked it.
But it didn't work, does anyone have another alternative to blocking the Kaspersky version? 😐

4 hours ago, SystemInfo said:

I did everything else when version (c) came out. It wasn't supposed to be updated, since I had blocked it.
But it didn't work, does anyone have another alternative to blocking the Kaspersky version? 😐

There is no version (c) - @SystemInfo (c) is a patch - version 21.16.6.467 remains the same. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

2 horas atrás, Flood and Flood's wife disse:

There is no version (c) - @SystemInfo (c) is a patch - version 21.16.6.467 remains the same. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Good evening, From what I understand, I can normally leave it blocked for new versions as stated here in this topic.

The patches that will come during the months which will possibly be (d), (e), (f) .... will be installed automatically as soon as the database is updated?

To block the version that is 21.16 for the future product 21.17, with this information here in the topic will the blocking work?

37 minutes ago, SystemInfo said:

The patches that will come during the months which will possibly be (d), (e), (f) .... will be installed automatically as soon as the database is updated?

There's:

• Database updates
  • Patch updates
  • Version updates 

All different. 

Patches & versions are disistributed globally in staggered distributions, they arrive silently on a users computer & wait for 7 days / 168 hours before sending various alerts advising the user there's a patch / version available & the user should reboot their computer to apply the patch / version. 

IF the user reboots the computer after the patch / version has arrived & *before*  the 7 days / 168 hours has expired - the patch / version will be applied. 

These patch / version *rules* apply for configurations that have not been *modified* - such a  yours. 

Only Kaspersky knows which patches may be released before the next version is released. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar

I understood what you said.
I'm going to leave it blocked here like the images at the beginning of the topic as I was told.
I will wait for a future version of the product. let's say it changes to 21.17. I'll check if it will really work and I'll block it in practice.
I'll be here in the future to post whether it worked or not.
This test that I am going to do will be useful for someone else who has the same doubt about the subject.
I would like to thank everyone for the clarification on this matter.
I will be posting the result soon.
Thanks!