Constant Network Usage Causing Issues from Kaspersky Lab Launcher

Kaspersky Version: Plus, 21.15.8.493 (a)
Operating System: Windows 11 Core x64 Build 22635
Issue: I have a limited home network speed due to issues out of my control (15-19Mbps Up, ~3Mbps Down). Recently, I've been gaming on my system with Kaspersky running on it. I often encounter issues in the game with high latency and bandwidth use. Using a network activity tracker, Glasswire, I've concluded that Kaspersky Lab Launcher is frequently using a sizeable portion of my available bandwidth whilst I'm gaming. I have game mode enabled which I assume is running whilst I'm in the game, but it's still using more bandwidth than I'd like. Are there any ways I can lower this network use?

Thanks in Advance.

Edited by Hobow20_
Posted accidentally.
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Guilhermesene4096 said:

@Hobow20_Welcome back!

Please check that the "Limit traffic on metered connections" box is properly checked.

When the box is checked, Kaspersky limits internet bandwidth usage.

Settings → Security Settings → Network Settings

Reveal hidden contents

01.thumb.png.c468b8e8cba29083c2e46da1ec18af4f.png02.thumb.png.4e8b534030ea17a045ab61a07514ec0f.png

Support Link:

Network settings

That's already enabled for me. It's my home network so it's technically not a metered connection, and if I tell Windows that my home network IS a metered connection, it'll stop other background tasks that I need to keep running. Is there a way I can tell Kaspersky to treat my connection as metered even though it's not marked as such in Windows?

@Hobow20_

1 - Well, there is no need to limit your network through Windows because it could affect all other processes.

2 - As I instructed you, when the box inside Kaspersky is checked, Kaspersky will treat the connection (between itself and the network - not Windows) as limited, which will reduce network traffic just between Kaspersky and your computer.

3 - You can try restoring Kaspersky to default settings to restore any incorrect settings.

Spoiler
  • Open the Kaspersky graphical interface
  • Click on the gear symbol (configuration) in the lower left-hand side of the window
  • Click → Manage settings
  • Click → Restore
  • Click → Next
  • Confirm the operation (if necessary, enter the Kaspersky unlock password)
  • Click → Done
  • Restart your device (important)

4 - If the problem still persists, please contact technical support → Technical Support