Cannot print to Wi-Fi connected printer while Kaspersky Plus is running

Since installing Kaspersky Plus I cannot access my printer.

Tech Support, after 3-days effort suggested either exiting Kaspersky Plus before printing or pausing protection; pausing did not work, exiting, of course did -- when Kaspersky Plus is not there it cannot get in the way. Their first guess was to modify some of the Firewall setting from Block to Allow; that did not work either. On my pwn I tried shutting the VPN and then I could print. I told them exiting or shutting down VPN were both terrible solutions. They replied that all of this was for diagnostic purposes; interestingly they had not mentioned that aspect earlier. and they suggested changing more Firewall settings but did not  give me any instructions how to do that.

I am beginning to think that they do not know what they are doing; nor do I believe that the people who designed and built an otherwise superb product do not have a better/ cleanse solution. 

If anyone knows a better solution, please clue me in. Your time and attention to this matter is much appreciated.

Adding to original post.

Every time I talk to support I get a different guy with a different answer. After they told me: "In order to use the Wifi printer with Kaspersky protection enabled, please set it as a trusted network for UDP and TCP in Kaspersky Firewall settings"  I asked for instructions about how to do that, but never got a reply. I called today and agent had no idea how to do that. I explained again that there is nothing exotic about my hardware/software environment -- everythi9ng is standard stuff:

My ISP is Comcast/Xfinity; my cable modem is Motorola MB7621, My router is tp-link AX3000 Wi-Fi 6, My browser is Firefox, and my computer is HP Envy x360. The cable modem, router, and computer are all less than 2-years and up-to-date. My printer is a Canon TS6320, less than 3-years old and up-to-date on firmware.  In short, it is hard to imagine I am the only Kaspersky Plus user with this, or equivalent hardware/software environment. So, I expect many other Plus users have the same or very similar environments. Given that, this should be a no-brainer for  support, still I have been back and forth with them for over a week and it still does not work smoothly. I asked: how do your other users print to a WI-fi connected printer? His answer: They all turn off the VPN then print. Amazing! So I am paying for full protection, but must temporally  disable part of it to print. In addition, this is 3 steps:turn-off VPN, Print, Turn-on VPN instead of one.

Did I get a straight answer this time? Is that really Kaspersky Plus users print? How about you, is that the way you do it?

I

To be fair tested with other VPN's and same result so not entirely Kaspersky VPN fault.

VPN I use for work has the option to bypass though but that's business Cisco AnyConnect.

The Kaspersky VPN is excellent. You'll find you'll pay 1/2 of your subscription to Kaspersky for a stand alone VPN. Kill switch, Split tunnel & speed.

Edited by jamesie

Jamesie,

Thanks, I will try it but first need to find out how to do the split tunnel.

Meanwhile, I installed Norton 360 Deluxe, despite their support telling me: 'No problem' I had the same result. Before the Norton attempt, I had printed under Kaspersky with VPN off. Paused Kaspersky, Started Norton, tried print -- same result -- closed Norton, back to Kaspersky, resumed protection and immediately the printer start\ed and printed the document.

My guess: the Norton attempt but the document in some sort of buffer and as soon at I resumed kaspersky protection, with VPN still off the buffer (aka spool)was sent to the printer. I will play with this. I wonder how many docs I could store in buffer and then print at one time. 

• 2 weeks later...

I got another suggestion from support about adding a printer using the TCP/IP address if my printer is not listed in 'Devices and Printers' shown from the control panel. So, I could not use the latest suggestion; I replied to that effect  and am now waiting for a reply to my reply. 

I did not try the Split Tunnel suggestion because after a Google search I am concerned that requires someone with a lot more computer savvy than I have.

Along the way I see Kaspersky is aware of the issue and it will be address in some future release; it will be interesting to see whether I live that long, even if I do not, a real solution (no tinkering required, it works out of the box) will help others. It turns out that stopping VPN, printing, and restarting VPN is not as much of a pain in the left ear (euphemism  for another 3-letter bodily orifice) as I thought; still an annoyance, though.

I will wait for a reply from support; if it works, I will post it; other wise, I will wait for Kaspersky to fix it right. I hope they appreciate the issue affects a good number of clients, not jus me.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

After many missteps I decided to close the case as it is clear that  these guys have no idea what they are doing. For example, they sent instructions to ad a printer using the IP address, one of which said to tell windows that my printer was not shown in the list of devices. However mine was; so, I asked (via email reply) what to do - say it was not shown even though it was? if so , should the printer shown be deleted?

No reply. Then they sent something else that also failed. They asked for a trace, since I was having trouble, they arranged for a live link - they take over my computer - so their guy could do the trace for me; he did; I sent it in; they replied that I had the wrong VPN i.e., the one built-in to Kaspersky (Kaspersky VPN) was "wrong" and their guru who ran the trace did not mention it -- surprise! Then they sent m e the same instructions about adding the printer by IP.

In frustration, I told them to close the case. As much as it is a pain  in the neck to have to shutdown the VPN to print that is the best I am to get. I appreciate all the help the forum tried to give me.  Kaspersky needs to malke at least so of their support US-based.

• 1 year later...

Used Kaspersky for upward of 2 decades.

Installed K. Premium version 21.17.7.539

Wifi printer stops working AND WiFi Analyzer cannot see the WiFi dongle on my PC, says there is no WiFi connection on this device.

Following guides from here opened VPN screen, opened Split Tunnel,  list of apps showed Canon network connector, selected that and printer started immediately, did not even Save.  Printing all good now.

However cannot use PC on WiFi, only ethernet.   What is the simple solution?

On my Android phone, WiFi Analyzer see all.

RockyS