Brave browser support

When will you add support for brave? kaspersky protection doesn't work and i can't change the name of the .exe file because i need the pw manager. it's not like it's a small browser and no one uses it, since it's number 1 for privacy browsers.

Screenshot 2023-10-12 220653.png

Edited by Pepega

12 hours ago, Guest said:

When will you add support for brave? Kaspersky protection doesn't work and i can't change the name of the .exe file because I need the pw manager.

Hello @Guest

Welcome!

Kaspersky officially supports Brave for their Kaspersky password manager extension, but not the AV; the issue's been raised many times, Kaspersky have never said why they're not supporting Brave for their AV range -> the information may fall in 'commercial in confidence' scope.

• 💥You may wish to log the issue with Kaspersky Customer Service, fill in either Chat or Email, select Feedback, I have a Suggestion OR, Feedback, I have a Complaint template -> to see what they say! 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

6 horas atrás, Flood and Flood's wife disse:

Hello @Guest

Welcome!

Kaspersky officially supports Brave for their Kaspersky password manager extension, but not the AV; the issue's been raised many times, Kaspersky have never said why they're not supporting Brave for their AV range -> the information may fall in 'commercial in confidence' scope.

• 💥You may wish to log the issue with Kaspersky Customer Service, fill in either Chat or Email, select Feedback, I have a Suggestion OR, Feedback, I have a Complaint template -> to see what they say! 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Worst of all, I've already done everything you said above, both for Vivaldi, Brave and Opera GX, I never heard back from Kaspersky on the matter.
I still say more, that there are people who went through the same thing as me. never received a response on the matter.
Thank you for your post always helping us all. 😅

2 hours ago, SystemInfo said:

Worst of all, I've already done everything you said above, both for Vivaldi, Brave and Opera GX, I never heard back from Kaspersky on the matter.
I still say more that there are people who went through the same thing as me. never received a response on the matter.

Hello @SystemInfo

Welcome back! 

👉Are you saying you never received an automated response with an Incident reference number

Please post back?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Hello Flood and Flood's wife, SystemInfo, and Guest

If the AMTSO antivirus test website, is accurate, Kaspersky software does appear to detect phishing and malicious website URLs when using the Brave browser.

When I tested older Kaspersky software, it failed the AMTSO phishing website test page, but tested recently it correctly detected the phishing test, which it could only do if it was analyzing the URL. 

Obviously, additional features specific to the Kaspersky browser extension can't be included in Brave, but malicious website detection, seems now to be operational.

Flood and Flood's wife, I'm not sure whether you or Kaspersky are able to further test website detection in Brave. Even if it remained officially unsupported, and without the Kaspersky extension, it would be helpful to confirm Kaspersky software, could now properly detect malicious websites when using Brave.

Thank you.

21 horas atrás, Flood and Flood's wife disse:

Hello @SystemInfo

Welcome back! 

👉Are you saying you never received an automated response with an Incident reference number

Please post back?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Yes, I received an automatic response, the problem was that they never said why because there is no support for these browsers above, I never received this type of response even when chatting via Chat.

8 hours ago, Thoughts said:

Even if it remained officially unsupported, and without the Kaspersky extension, it would be helpful to confirm Kaspersky software, could now properly detect malicious websites when using Brave.

Hello @Thoughts,

Welcome back!

💥Kaspersky software has always been able to detect malicious www using Brave - that's not the issue in this topic💥

(You) may have had difference results - at some stage - we don't know - we also don't have any benchmarks for said testing - but - more than anything - we have no interest in testing *any* unsupported browser & quite frankly - we are sick & tired of the Brave issue - it's been going on for 5+ years - that tells us (ioo) - the likelihood of it being supported is low. 

The *only* interactions we will engage with in relation to Brave & what results Kaspersky has or has not produced in the past OR Kaspersky has OR has not done OR said in the past is - if Kaspersky Community members provide Incident reference numbers & associated topics & IF (you're) going to do that we suggest (*you*) create a topic for the issue

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar😌

7 hours ago, SystemInfo said:

Yes, I received an automatic response, the problem was that they never said why because there is no support for these browsers above, I never received this type of response even when chatting via Chat.

Hello @SystemInfo

Thank you for posting back & the information!

• 👉Please post the Incident reference number(s)

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋