Blocking network access failing

daveblo56

I want to restrict network use caused by some of my adobe programs and Kaspersky is not working.

I have attached an example of it failing. I blocked network access to all adobe files through "manage applications"ps1.thumb.jpg.1bbd7509618dec70acc679dd9ad71cf9.jpg

Then I open network monitor and open an adobe app like Photoshop. I can see inside of Photoshop itself that it still has network access, but even more to the point, kaspersky's own network monitor app is showing the Photoshop itself is still being given access to use the network:

ps2.thumb.jpg.bb8b07a4cc48c9248674f0c9ad6ea1da.jpg

Just in case you think I didn't block it using the general rules... Here is what happens when I click on the application to see the network rules:

ps3.thumb.jpg.9305d23d32e7da10d6a2f454dbac4062.jpg

As you can see, it is in fact blocked. I even added a separate rule (network rules no.4) trying to manually block it in case there is a bug with inheriting the block. Still nothing. Photoshop is using the network.

Am I doing something wrong? Does Kaspersky have a bug? Does Kaspersky make backroom deals with some bigger companies to allow them to circumnavigate users wishes? (The only reason I even mention this is I have no issues using the network block effectively for most of my other apps). What is going on?

12 hours ago, Igor Kurzin said:

Hi @daveblo56

Let's do some troubleshooting. 

- Restart PC

- Press Start -> type 'Resource Monitor' -> press Enter -> go to tab 'Network'

- Launch Photoshop

- Make and post a screenshot of the 'Processes with Network Activity' in 'Resource Monitor'

I'm glad you told me about resource monitor. Seems to be alot more processes I want to kill. But that's besides the point.

I have attached a screenshot of network activity. As you can see Photoshop.exe is part of it...even though it is supposed to be blocked.

ps4.jpg

• Like 1

I just wanted to add that I just downloaded a simple free tool called simplewall that did allow me to actually block the network use of all these apps, including photoshop, with a click of a button.

But it's still frustrating to have to have ANOTHER app running in the background to do the job of an app that I paid for that is supposed to be able to do the job. So hopefully we can get this resolved!