Big issue with 21.2.16.590

Yoji

OK… WIn 10 Pro 64 Bit - fully up to date.

Since upgrading to 21.2.16.590 I have been having significant, but erratic network issues.

Most significant is while watching Twitch stream.. where I get network errors (2000 mostly,, some 1000)  but also erratic horrible Lag…. which may recover (or end with a network error)… but if it recovers.. it subsequently probably then starts to have micro stutters.. and then hang.. or net error… or fully recover.  
Twitch I know is dodgy… as reports of issues with their advertising conflicting with add blockers… but if I have Anti-banner on or off.. still have issue (may be less if Anti-banner off?) . But other apps do have probs.. e.g. if I play a BBC news video… Twitch may hang at exact moment video starts….. 
I even had a bizzare issue.. playing World of Warcraft… and Discord disconnected… immediately followed by WoW disconnected and neither would reconnect…. but I could stream twitch fine… so my internet was fine…. needed a full reboot to fix.

When I turn off Kaspersky all seems fine.

I have since gone back to version 21.1.15.500© and it early day (i.e. Just for a few hours so far… but that long enough to suggest the issue fixed) and have had zero issues.

FYI.. I have the VPN component uninstalled.. but apart from that… mostly its “out the box config” (the safemoney if off).

So… Anyone else seeing this?  I would say… the Kaspersky we site is Crap for support… little useful info on when you upgrade versions… and whats changed…. and your twitter support is crap (they dont seem know when your app updates auto.. and when it has to be done manually) and it was REALLY difficult for be to revert back to an older version..

Anyway - I probably not just me.. my daughter also been complaining about crap network recently.. so I am guessing she is in same boat as me (i have a 10 PC licensee.. so she has one of them) . I keep my PC  (and hers) very clean…. no crap running in background etc.. so while I cant be 100% certain (I know enough to know networking is very complex)… but the balance of probaility is pointing very much at your product.
I happy to help if you want me run diagnostics to troubleshoot… but please dont treat me like an idiot (“have you turned it off and on again” :( )

@Flood and Flood's wife   …. May be you are confusing me me with some kind of tech support person.

I am just a normal user… who upgraded in the prescribed way… and had a bad experience (and my Daughter too? on completely separate machine).  Sure.. I went to the UK web site… and looked at the FAQ section etc… but nothing jumped out at me about “all documented procedures”… lots about how to renew subscriptions… VERY little about “if you have problems with the install.. do X,Y,Z”…  is that MY problem that it very hard to find?  

I went through the normal upgrade process.. so if something broke from that… we might expect Kaspersky to be interested in that…. its not good enough to just expect everyone to know how to fix (especially when it not front and centre on the web support section) 

At the time I uninstalled.. it did not say (a) was in place for 21.2.16.590..   But nothing on the web site said (a) was avail.. so why would I expect there to be an A version update? and ofc … is there was an update avail.. detailing that it fixed a problem similar to my experience… .that would be GREAT...

No… not logged a case… I just a normal user… where on the web site does it say that? I thought a forum (just to see if other experiencing same issue) might be first step. No point wasting support time if it a known problem/issue and I just need wait for release (a).

Cheers

Hello @Yoji

You’re most welcome!
Not at all, but, we do detect a level of frustration, there’s many things that could be suggested, however, the most effective way is for you to contact Kaspersky Technical Support, use the Application malfunction template → see image below, as a guide; however, Kaspersky have yet to update their version templates, select 21.1.15.500 and in the problem description, write that you are using  21.2.16.590; include a detailed history, all steps taken, images and video → if they help define the issue; the Support team may request logs & or reports, they will let you know:

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Note: In the subscription, you pay for Technical Support, don’t ever think it’s wasting their time, that’s what they are there for, to support & help their Kaspersky subscribers!

Please share the outcome, with the Community, when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Good and bad news… 

The bad news is that tech support want me to go through, disable all protection components (16 of them!!!) and then turn them on one at a time to see which one breaks it. Thats not so bad when you have a reproduceable problem, but it a real pain when you have an erratic problem like I have… 

But I was going to give it a go (and hope I could guess the most likely component).

But the good news…  when I reinstalled version 21.2.16.590  it upgraded to 21.2.16.590(a) and now, after a day of use… I dont seem to be having any problems.

So the web site still makes no mention of which version is current… why they released the (a) update.. and what it fixed. So thats really bad. But it seems like my problem is fixed… 

I will give it another day… and if it remains fixed.. I will close ticket.

Cheers

So the web site still makes no mention of which version is current… why they released the (a) update.. and what it fixed. So that's really bad. 

Hello @Yoji

Thank you for updating us, we’re delighted there’s been positive progress👏

KIS Release notes: Patch A for version 21.2.16.590

1. Regarding “website still makes no mention of which version is current”, which website

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

@Flood and Flood's wife  WoW… has  that always been there?  that's EXACTLY what I was looking for… I cant believe I have missed it… I must have been  through every other option and just missed the one its in :(

The description of “we have fixed a number of application issues” is a bit vague…  but at least it is some kind of description.

Apologies for ever having doubted. you have made my day :)

Best regards 

@Flood and Flood's wife 

1. WoW… has  that always been there?  that's EXACTLY what I was looking for… I cant believe I have missed it… I must have been  through every other option and just missed the one its in :(
  1. The description of “we have fixed a number of application issues” is a bit vague…  but at least it is some kind of description.
  1. Apologies for ever having doubted. you have made my day :) Best regards 

Hello @Yoji

You’re most welcome☺ !

• 3 We’re delighted there’s been more progress🤸 , brilliant outcome, thank you for the feedback👏
  • 1 Yes, always been there, however, do not feel bad, sometimes, finding the required documentation, in Kaspersky’s trove, may be difficult. 
  • 2 ​​​​​​​Agreed, if you wish to know the detail, it’s necessary to log a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, follow the same procedure we proposed 25th November, 2020, select Feedback, I have a complaint template, ask for the specific details of whichever patch, information is required for. 
  • Note: while the inquiry would technically not be a complaint (hopefully not), the templates are limited, so, it’s closest possible fit. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋