app shows no activity today, which is incorrect

art2work4

Hi there,

So KSK is installed on my son's win10 laptop and was working fine. My parent app is on a Android phone. However today my app (and also the online version of KSK at my.kaspersky.com shows that for today there was no activity recorded on my son's laptop. However he has been active for at least 5 hours now. I checked on his laptop and the app is still active and also showing the correct start/stop times and the max. duration for today.

So it looks that his activity is not sent to kaspersky so it can be recorder in the app or web-interface. What's wrong Kaspersky?

Screenshot 2023-12-03 145204.jpg

IMG_20231203_145257_2.jpg_compressed.JPEG

20 hours ago, art2work4 said:

So KSK is installed on my son's win10 laptop and was working fine.

My parent app is on a Android phone. However today my app (and also the online version of KSK at my.kaspersky.com shows that for today there was no activity recorded on my son's laptop. However he has been active for at least 5 hours now. I checked on his laptop and the app is still active and also showing the correct start/stop times and the max. duration for today.

So it looks that his activity is not sent to kaspersky so it can be recorder in the app or web-interface.

What's wrong Kaspersky?

Hello @art2work4

Welcome!

1. On (your) child's laptop, make sure there are no other running applications, on the Windows hidden icons, rightclick the KSK icon, select Settings, using (your) parent profile - sign into the KSK application - select Other, select Sync - make sure the Settings are synced banner is displayed [see images at the end of our reply], sign out of KSK so the parent profile is not in use on the laptop, shutdown the laptop, using *shutdown*, not restart, do not power on atm. 
  2. Go to the Android & power it OFF & leave it off for 5 minutes. 
  3. Go back to the laptop, press the power button to boot the device to a login state, allow (your) child to login & proceed with their normal activities. 
  4. Go back to the Android, turn on, monitor for the original issue? 
  • Please share the outcome, when it's available? 
Spoiler

1-KSK-SETTINGS.thumb.jpg.33e6f529b4542dddd3375e49aa99998a.jpg

2-sign-into-ksk-2fa.thumb.jpg.30367793f9cfdba79f4d75ad50e939d8.jpg

3-settings-are-synced.thumb.jpg.d4e4193f02d5e3d84d6b66db77f7efc9.jpg

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added resource: https://support.kaspersky.com/KSK/Win1.5/en-US/183560.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I followed the instructions, but it didn't really help. Another thing I noticed is that the emails that are sent as a notification (for instance device = blocked due to time schedule) are enormously delayed. I live in Holland and the emails will often arrive in my mailbox about 1,5 or 2 hours after the fact.

A few days after I wrote my first complaint in this forum the original issue seemed to have disappeared, however the delay in the emails is still delayed

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, art2work4 said:
  • 1. Well, I followed the instructions, but it didn't really help. 
  • 2. Another thing I noticed is that the emails that are sent as a notification (for instance device = blocked due to time schedule) are enormously delayed.
  • 3. I live in Holland and the emails will often arrive in my mailbox about 1,5 or 2 hours after the fact.
  • 4. A few days after I wrote my first complaint in this forum the original issue seemed to have disappeared, however the delay in the emails is still delayed

Hello @art2work4
You're most welcome!

Thank you for the information. 

It's slightly confusing, but, correct us if we're wrong, the original issue has resolved, KSK - on the parent device is now showing the correct child activity & another issue: Email notifications are significantly delayed

There may be *numerous* root causes for email delays.... 

We cannot replicate the issue: see images: 

Spoiler

USER_2023-12-18_144102.thumb.jpg.8d1eff8e3d643720859b6f2afb7630f3.jpg

USER_2023-12-18_144117.thumb.jpg.41bbc7b8ec616489161c7f6a86b9de25.jpg

Please do the following, in sequence

1. On (your) child's laptop, make sure there are no other running applications, sign into the KSK application (as parent). 
2. Go to Windows - Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features
3. Select KSK & select Uninstall 
4. At the completion of the Uninstall, make sure the computer is shutdown, using Shutdown - DO NOT RESTART - at the moment. 
5. Disconnect the Power cable from the computer. DO NOT RECONNECT - at the moment. 
6. Disconnect the Router/Modem cable from the computer. DO NOT RECONNECT - at the moment. 
7. Turn Router/Modem OFF - DO NOT RESTART - at the moment. 
8. On (your) phone, sign into KSK as parent.
9. Uninstall KSK. 
10. Shutdown the phone & - DO NOT RESTART - at the moment. 
11. Go back to the Router/Modem, turn ON & reconnect Router/Modem cable to the computer. 
12. Reconnect Power cable to the computer. 
13. Press the Power button, so the computer boots to a login screen. 
14. Login as Parent - NOT child. 
15. Download KSK application. 
16. Install KSK. 
17. Log OFF KSK & computer as  Parent & ask child to log on. 
18. Go back to phone. Restart phone & login. 
19. Download KSK. 
20. Install KSK. 
21. Monitor email delivery time
* IF the email delivery time issue persists, log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service, https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, on the support page: select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
***Edit Adding images****

• 1 month later...

This happens when the Windows PC goes to sleep. When it wakes up , Kaspersky does not report any activities. But if you restart the PC , all activity missing report will be send to the Kaspersky account. This is a bug, should be reported.

51 minutes ago, grendizer said:

This happens when the Windows PC goes to sleep. When it wakes up , Kaspersky does not report any activities. But if you restart the PC , all activity missing report will be send to the Kaspersky account. This is a bug, should be reported.

Hello @grendizer

Welcome back!

The issue is not replicable, please log a case with Kaspersky Customer Service: select Chat or Email, then fill in the template as shown, please provide a *detailed* history; Support may request Logs,Traces & other data, they will guide you: 

KSK-W-APPMF-OTHER.thumb.png.b5946cb55c4b56023204d9aae04a2ecf.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋