anti theft , uninstallation protection

If I enable uninstallation protection, kaspersky blocks removing attempts, so basically it's safe and protected against thefts. But when I revoke permissions it needs, access to cam & location, no pin code is required so antitheft becomes half-useless once I can't send locate or  photo commands. Is there way to protect permissions I granted as well?

Hello @jabberw,

Welcome!

To enable us to understand & test the issue you’re reporting please clarify:

1. “I revoke permissions KIS needs, access to cam & location”, do you mean revoke KIS permissions in totality or KIS permissions only for camera and location? 
  2. Anti-theft Lock & locate relies on location, please explain why you wish to revoke this permission?
  3. Anti-theft Take a mugshot,  relies on camera, please explain why you wish to revoke this permission?
  4. Have you enabled Uninstallation protection?
  5. May we have images of all the Anti-theft settings?
  6. What is the device name, operating system, version & build?
  7. Is KIS licensed?

Please post back, include as much information as possible, so we can assist?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

KIS Anti-Theft

App Lock

Hi

Thanx for your prompt answer

1 : “I revoke permissions KIS needs, access to cam & location”, do you mean revoke KIS permissions in totality or KIS permissions only for camera and location? 

I revoked KIS permissions for camera and location only

2,3 : Anti-theft Lock & locate relies on location, please explain why you wish to revoke this permission?
Anti-theft Take a mugshot,  relies on camera, please explain why you wish to revoke this permission?

I’m competely fine with it. It was just check of possible attack a thief could use to block KIS functions once KIS can’t be removed explicitly. Apparently it works

4 : Have you enabled Uninstallation protection?

Yes, definitely

7 :

It’s free editionI installed few days ago.

If possible I’d prefer to send my handset parameters in private message, is it possible?

By “it works” I mean the attack works, I succeeded do block KIS functions without secret PIN required to remove  KIS. Which means there is a serious problem, at least in case there is no way to protect persmissions modification

Hello @jabberw,

• Thank you for the clarification. 
  • Please detail the steps you’ve taken very precisely, so we can replicate the actions and see the result - atm, we are not clear on your process - please inform us?
  • Kindly include images & a video, to enable us to do exactly as you’ve done?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳