Weak Settings wrongly state, that file extensions not displayed

Windows 10 Professional x64 22H2 (Build 19045.3324)
Kaspersky Plus 21.14.5.462

Your Weak Settings Scan state, that Windows extensions are not displayed in file names, and offers to fix it.

You are wrong. My first action in every Windows after installation - uncheck "Hide extensions for known types". I see all extensions in File Explorer and file open dialogs.

If you incorrectly detect the problem, I cannot allow you to fix it. And cannot believe to another recommendations.

image.thumb.png.66a78b61d0ae565d8e004f3bafe3b465.png

image.png.8a4204f1fc2a853b34284bd1768f7b02.png

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Morph000 said:

I can confirm mahris's comment. Same here for in Win 7, Kaspersky 2023 Premium v21.15

I always run show everything mode.

Hello @Morph000

Welcome back!

1. Is File name extensions checked or unchecked? 

file-name-ext.thumb.jpg.60256f9d4e89077bc2651d489c3c3155.jpg

k-windows-ext-notdis-fixed.thumb.jpg.87803758526e7eb7c7f9467f99eee904.jpg

IF *your* Kaspersky application is *misreporting* reset it to Default, followed by a full Shutdown of the computer, if that does not work, uninstall & clean install the software, if that does not work, log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service.

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added resource

Yes, "Flood and Flood's wife" - the box is unchecked so full filenames are shown. This isn't my first rodeo btw...

It's also a fresh install anyway, so that M$ style of reply isn't helpful. Hint.

2 hours ago, Morph000 said:

The box is unchecked so full filenames are shown. This isn't my first rodeo btw...

It's also a fresh install anyway, so that M$ style of reply isn't helpful. Hint.

Hello @Morph000

You're most welcome!

We pay 'particular' attention to people's past & current posts so - we are more than aware this is far from *your* first rodeo cowboy. 

The *fresh* install information was not disclosed, you have a habit of doing that.

👉Contact Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts - you know the process. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn