How to stop interface opening when computer starts?

On 11/05/2023 at 19:16, Flood and Flood's wife disse:

Hello @FileTrekker

Welcome!

1. We can assure you, the GUI interface automatically opening at startup is not normal, nor is it by design, the information is true - the issue is a due to a *known bug*
  2. In *our* tests we could not replicate the issue =  issue doesn't exist (for us) BUT that does NOT mean the issue does not exist for others. 
  3. IF the issue was happening to us we would be p*ssed OFF -> just like you are! 
  4. IF you logged a case with Kaspersky, post the Incident reference number so HQ can find out why the issue has not been resolved?  
  5. Have you tested if the issue persists with version 21.13.5.506

Don't shoot the messenger buddy. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

My version is exactly 21.13.5.506 and is with this problem.
I tried to reset the settings as mentioned in the other post. But it didn't work.
Is there anything else that we can do to solve this problem?

Hello

For me, the following workaround fixed the program starting at system boot:
- De-energize the computer; i.e.

V1 Desktop PC: Disconnect the power cable - then press (hold) the power button for 30 sec to 60 sec so that all transistors etc are discharged. Or you can also leave the PC for a few hours with the power cable disconnected. You just have to make sure that your system is completely discharged.
Note1; If your power supply has a main power switch, leave it on when performing the procedure.
Note 2; the CMOS battery does not need to be removed!

V2 Notebook: Make sure that the power supply is not connected to the device. If you have the possibility to remove the battery, then remove it. With or without the battery, perform the following step. Press (hold) the power button for 30 sec. to 60 sec. - make sure that the system is completely discharged.

Most manufacturers also offer the hardware reset function, check with the manufacturer how this works and perform it.

How do I get this solution; I also had the problem after updating Kaspersky. As luck would have it, I had a power outage in the house and my system was without power for a few hours - the first time I started my PC, the problem was gone. This is how I come up with the described solution.

that's completly disappointing that kaspersky didn't solve this issue since november! i opened a complaint and the support guy told me the same ridiculous answer they gave to another user at the start of this post: "just select to not start kasperky when windows starts, but it will make kaspersky not protect your computer". thats unbeliavable ridiculous!! i'm sure many other users are having this issue. i am having it since many months ago and just now i found this post here.

how can you ignore a thing like this, even a lot of users complaining about it?!?!

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I have solved the issue on my Windows 10 PC. I am using Kaspersky Plus Version 21.14.5.462. 

Kaspersky recently updated the app, and since then I had the same issue.

Info: No reset of the Kaspersky settings was necessary for me to fix this problem.

The fix is turning off the "fast-startup" option in the power options:

1. Open the classic control panel (the old windows 7 control panel within windows 10)

2. Select "System and Security"

3. Select "Power Options"

4. Select "Choose what the power buttons do" on the left panel of the window

5. Click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"

6. On the bottom uncheck the option "Turn on fast-startup"

7. Shut down the PC

8. Turn on the PC

This fixed the issue for me. I even turned fast-startup back on, and it´s still working.

Hope this helps!

Edited by AJK
  • Like 2