Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kaspersky AV6 constantly crashes my PC, BSOD and reboots
mattmax
post 13.09.2006 01:02
Post #1

Group: Members

Hello,

I am posting here because I really don't know what to try to solve my problem... I recently bought a hp laptop (DV8322) with an already installated XP SP2 + Norton Internet Security. First thing I did was to remove NIS (standard uninstall) and executed the proper removal tool from Symantec referenced on this forum. Then I installed Kav6. And there my problems began... I had random BSOD while transfering files using the wifi system. I tried to remove Kav6, everything worked fine again.
As I had a version of Kav5, I tried it and everything seemed to work fine until last windows update (today, september the 12th...)

From there my laptop constantly rebooted before reaching the login page. I started in safe mode and uninstalled Kav5, everything worked fine again. I reinstalled Kav5, same issue... So I gave up and tried to install Kav6 again. Same issue (sometimes worse, I have a blue screen just after the reboot). I have been obliged to use the proper KAV6 removal tool referenced on this forum to be able to boot in "normal mode". Without any Kaspersky software installed, everything is ok.

Don't need to say I am a bit pissed off about these unstabilities caused by all the various versions of Kav mad.gif
If someone has any idea of what is going on, I would be grateful blink.gif

This post has been edited by mattmax: 13.09.2006 01:12
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattmax
post 13.09.2006 01:25
Post #2

I forgot to mention that no other "relevant" software is installed (only MS Office, Hp Photosmart, Sonic DVD writer but no additionnal firewall, anti-spyware or anything else).

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 13.09.2006 01:27
Post #3

Are You Kidding?

Group: Gold beta testers

Hello.
did oyu performed all steps posted in the norton removal post? Have you tried updating your wi-fi drivers?

+Quote Post
mattmax
post 13.09.2006 01:34
Post #4

QUOTE(lucianbara @ 12.09.2006 22:27)
Hello.
did oyu performed all steps posted in the norton removal post? Have you tried updating your wi-fi drivers?

I followed the Norton removal procedure from step 1 to step 4 rigorously. For step 5 I must admit I did not reinstall the windows script as the given link seems to be broken (An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator)

Concerning the wifi drivers I tried 3 different versions, all certified by Intel, one of them being the installed on one of my other Dell laptop, with a greater success.

This post has been edited by mattmax: 13.09.2006 01:50

+Quote Post
mattmax
post 13.09.2006 03:14
Post #5

I finally managed to get the windows script (Microsoft page seems repaired). To be sure, I performed the whole Norton removal procedure again. Doing all this allowed me to reach a normal login with Kav6 up and running. I almost believed that the problem was solved. I even tried multiple wifi transfers at the same time to verify it was stable. It seemed stable until... I simply closed a Word file I was editing and got a BSOD (unfortunately as I was surprised I did not catch the exception name).

Very disappointing sad.gif
I really don't know what to try else...

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 13.09.2006 03:18
Post #6

Are You Kidding?

Group: Gold beta testers

What does the BSOD say?

+Quote Post
mattmax
post 13.09.2006 09:28
Post #7

QUOTE(lucianbara @ 13.09.2006 00:18)
What does the BSOD say?

Previous BSOD where "BAD_POOL_CALLER", "BAD_POOL_HEADER" or "IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". The very last one, as I told just before, I have not been able to catch the exception name because of the surprise (most of the time my BSOD are followed by an immediate reboot).

+Quote Post
BadIronTree
post 13.09.2006 11:14
Post #8

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(mattmax @ 13.09.2006 08:28)
Previous BSOD where "BAD_POOL_CALLER", "BAD_POOL_HEADER" or "IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". The very last one, as I told just before, I have not been able to catch the exception name because of the surprise (most of the time my BSOD are followed by an immediate reboot).

same problem
my new netgear WIFI card is not working with KIS6
i can only load the wifi or the KIS 6

if i load both of them i get a BSOD

it corructed the driver on install and i cant remove it

reinstall did not work
in my brothers pc i removed kis 6 and then installed the WIFI and then reinstall the KIS... in his pc work fine now....
i cant do the same to mine sad.gif wacko.gif

+Quote Post
mattmax
post 13.09.2006 14:54
Post #9

I will activate the full dump option as explained in the dedicated section, as soon as I get back home, and send on the kaspersky ftp the next occurence of BSOD I will meet. I hope this will bring the light on these repetitive failures (which have been identified to be caused by kav's klif.sys)

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 13.09.2006 16:35
Post #10

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

QUOTE(mattmax @ 13.09.2006 12:54)
I will activate the full dump option as explained in the dedicated section, as soon as I get back home, and send on the kaspersky ftp the next occurence of BSOD I will meet. I hope this will bring the light on these repetitive failures (which have been identified to be caused by kav's klif.sys)

That would be great, please name it something the devs can see easily in the pool of logs on the server and post here or PM me so i can alert them. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattmax
post 13.09.2006 22:17
Post #11

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 13.09.2006 13:35)
That would be great, please name it something the devs can see easily in the pool of logs on the server and post here or PM me so i can alert them. smile.gif

That is it, I have sent the minidump file (about 64 Kb) and the full memory dump (rar compressed, 385 MB...) on ftp://data.kaspersky.ru of my new BSOD.
It is named ref198295169_* (number of the reference of my communication with Kaspersky technical support, even if I got no answer from them for the moment).

Hope this helps...
(PS : the rar file still needs 1 or 2 hours to be completly uploaded)

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 13.09.2006 22:25
Post #12

Global Moderator

QUOTE(mattmax @ 13.09.2006 20:17)
That is it, I have sent the minidump file (about 64 Kb) and the full memory dump (rar compressed, 385 MB...) on ftp://data.kaspersky.ru of my new BSOD.
It is named ref198295169_* (number of the reference of my communication with Kaspersky technical support, even if I got no answer from them for the moment).

Hope this helps...
(PS : the rar file still needs 1 or 2 hours to be completly uploaded)

Ok, so you have already mailed them (supporrt) about the uploaded dumpfiles?

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattmax
post 13.09.2006 22:32
Post #13

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 13.09.2006 19:25)
Ok, so you have already mailed them (supporrt) about the uploaded dumpfiles?

Not yet, I was waiting for the file transfer to be completed. I just opened a ticket with a description of my problem, but with no attachment, in case it was a well known issue. It seems not wacko.gif
Feel free to inform the most relevant persons for this problem.

Thanks a lot in advance.

+Quote Post
mattmax
post 20.09.2006 00:52
Post #14

QUOTE(mattmax @ 13.09.2006 19:32)
Not yet, I was waiting for the file transfer to be completed. I just opened a ticket with a description of my problem, but with no attachment, in case it was a well known issue. It seems not  wacko.gif
Feel free to inform the most relevant persons for this problem.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Still have no feedback from the support team... I am not even sure that my upload completed successfully as I have no dir eligibility on kaspersky ftp. Would it be possible to confirm everything went right ?

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 20.09.2006 01:02
Post #15

Global Moderator

QUOTE(mattmax @ 19.09.2006 22:52)
Still have no feedback from the support team... I am not even sure that my upload completed successfully as I have no dir eligibility on kaspersky ftp. Would it be possible to confirm everything went right ?

No, unless you can supply the name you gave it when uploading ab´nd send it to them....they can't do much until they have that.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21.12.2014 04:25