www.*******.gr unexpectedly closed the connection.

npapanik

This is happening for a few days now. This does not happen for all sites: some work others not. If you quit Safe Kids everything starts working again.

I found out that Safe Kids was the culprit beacause I have re-formated my PC. The moment i installed Safe Kids again, the problem re-appeared!

Note that the account I am using is not restricted at all (Parental account).

Version is 1.0.5.12790. Any ideas?

1 hour ago, npapanik said:
  1. KSK Version is 1.0.5.12790(x)
  2. Windows ? 
  3. www.*******.gr unexpectedly closed the connection.

I found out that Safe Kids was the culprit because I have re-formatted my PC. The moment i installed Safe Kids again, the problem re-appeared!

This is happening for a few days now. This does not happen for all sites: some work others not. If you quit Safe Kids everything starts working again.

Note that the account I am using is not restricted at all (Parental account).

Hello @npapanik

Welcome!

1. Which KSK patch (x) - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, right click the KSK icon, select About 
  2. Which Windows OS & build
  3. Which site is www.*******.gr - post a full screen screen-screenshot, including the URL - also include the URLs for other sites that do not work please? 
  4. Is there any other Kaspersky software installed, IF 'yes', provide *full name, version & patch(x)? 
  5. Is KSK Premium or Free? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Added 4 & 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2023 at 10:38 AM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @npapanik

Welcome!

1. Which KSK patch (x) - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, right click the KSK icon, select About 
  2. Which Windows OS & build
  3. Which site is www.*******.gr - post a full screen screen-screenshot, including the URL - also include the URLs for other sites that do not work please? 
  4. Is there any other Kaspersky software installed, IF 'yes', provide *full name, version & patch(x)? 
  5. Is KSK Premium or Free? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Thank you!

1. 23.0.0.399/202111

2. Windows 11, 22621.1555 (happened with Windows 10 also), this is a clean Windows 11 installation.

3. Can be any site, it is random!

4. No

5. Premium

I have pinpointed the problem: I have Avira Premium installed, if I quit KSK or disable Avira's "Web Protection" feature everythings starts working as expected (it works both ways). The strange thing is that it was working fine a month ago and then suddenly the problem appeared. Please note that in my profile KSK is unrestricted (since I am the parent), a fact that makes the problem even trickier... 

Hello @npapanik

Thank you for posting back!

Please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you?
Flood?+?

9 minutes ago, npapanik said:

I have just asked for a refund with Avira so as to switch to Kaspersky AV. I think it is the wiser way to go. Do you agree?

Hello @npapanik

As far as we're aware KSK has no known compatibility issues with  Avira: Incompatible anti-virus applications, however, using a Kaspersky AV with KSK is always our recommendation. 

For Kaspersky's new software range, please see: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T.

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added resource

I have already opened a case with Avira and they have closed it since, as they said, I have another AV/Parental control program installed... Since they do not have any parental control solution, just lost a customer with their quality support.