Will I have a problem with my data - settings? Safe Kids & Password Manager

StePits
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello,

I have bought a KTS license from Greek e-shop like amazon. The license works normally here in Greece.

Doing a test, I paste my license number for renewal on kaspersky.gr it takes me to kaspersky.de and tells me that the license is not renewed.

If I buy a new license just before it expires will I lose my data - settings from these 2 programs? Safe Kids & Password Manager

Should I do something different? Does it send a message before it expires or when it expires for a few days does it leave time to buy?

Thanks

18 hours ago, StePits said:
  1. I have bought a KTS license from Greek e-shop like amazon. The license works normally here in Greece.
  2. Doing a test, I paste my license number for renewal (on kaspersky.gr it takes me to kaspersky.de) and tells me that the license is not renewed.
  3. If I buy a new license just before it expires, will I lose my data - settings from these 2 programs? Safe Kids & Password Manager
  4. Does it send a message before it expires or when it expires for a few days does it leave time to buy?
  5. Should I do something different?

Hello @StePits

Welcome back!

1. Ok. 
  2. IF you're using an existing, already activated license number for the test, the test will not work?
  3. No. 
  4. For one example, see our image set at the end of the reply & IF (you've) configured the Kaspersky application & or the Notifications, in (your) MyKaspersky account - to receive messages, you will receive a message, prior to the expiry date. 
  5. If you haven't already, save the KTS Activation code in (your) MyKaspersky account. 
  6. If you haven't already, enable 2FA. 

image.thumb.png.744c67dcede7e13fba638f10b3b33abe.png

Any problems, issues or questions, please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resource:

Application licensing

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

Thanks you for yours answers.

4. 5. This has been done.

6. What does it mean enable 2FA? 

Since KTS is very expensive here in Greece, probably when my license about to expires I will buy a license from a local store and transfer it to my kaspersky and then I will activate the products with it. I cannot use the automatic license renewal due to cost.

Also one more question please. Does new product license is active from the time it enters into my Kaspersky, while there is an active license for the same product, or from the time it begins to be used? (I'm talking about the transition from the old to the new)..

Edited by StePits

• Solution
5 hours ago, StePits said:

1. I cannot use the automatic license renewal due to cost. Since KTS is very expensive here in Greece, probably when my license about to expires I will buy a license from a local store and transfer it to MyKaspersky and then I will activate the products with it. 
2. Does new product license is active from the time it enters into MyKaspersky, while there is an active license for the same product, or from the time it begins to be used? (I'm talking about the transition from the old to the new)..
6. What does it mean enable 2FA? 

Hello @StePits

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the extra questions!

1. Re "I cannot use the automatic license renewal due to cost." That's perfectly fine; it's not mandatory. KTS is from the original product line (21.3), along with KAV, KIS & KSC - all those products can be activated directly on the computer, it's not compulsory to add the activation code / license to (your) MyKaspersky account; nor is it compulsory to use *auto-renewal* & support can always assist turning *auto-renewal* OFF it a customer does not want *auto-renewal* on. 

1a. There is a new product line, it does have *automatic license auto-renewal* on for the software purchased online & it does *activate* on the purchase date & the *license* must be in the customer's MyKaspersky account & the software on the customer's computer must be synchronised with their MyKaspersky account (one time), for the software to work. Again the new software range *automatic license auto-renewal* option can be turned off, support will always assist - eventually the new software range will replace: KAV, KIS KTS, KSC - you can read about the new software here: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ - by Danila T. & Kaspersky: we’re starting a new digital life

2. For KTS, the new license will be active when the existing license expires; but just to make sure you don't lose any days, do not enter / apply the new activation license key until the very last day of the old / existing license. 

6. 2FA = 2 Factor Authentication, it's a layer of security, to protect (your) MyKaspersky account. In a nutshell, each time (your) MyKaspersky is accessed, a code is required, you will receive the code from a SMS to (your) mobile or from an Authenticator app on a mobile. The reference documents are below:

Any questions, problems or issues, please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?