Why did Kaspersky's Name change after updating Mac OS?

Hello. I am not sure if it was my Mac os updating to the latest or if it's a virus but when I use Kaspersky, the name in the top right corner has been changed to 'New Application' and Kaspersky asked me to provide full disk access. Kaspersky said it detected a malicious file and removed it I hope this isn't the affect of a virus. My Mac name was also randomly changed..Screenshot2023-10-27at10_59_00PM.thumb.png.b5338dd27e979311d4c894f6af48ef06.png 

12 hours ago, Mr.ApplePie said:
  • I am not sure if it was my Mac os updating to the latest or if it's a virus but when I use Kaspersky, the name in the top right corner has been changed to 'New Application' and Kaspersky asked me to provide full disk access.
  • Kaspersky said it detected a malicious file and removed it I hope this isn't the affect of a virus.
  • Mac name was also randomly changed.. 

Hello @Mr.ApplePie

Welcome!

1. In the top left of the image, the words 'New Application' (1) in our image - is presented by the OS - it's not a virus; it's showing (you) that Kaspersky has updated to Kaspersky's new software, Kaspersky Premium (2) in our image. 
  2. Kaspersky Premium requires full disk access to function properly, read the documentation: Kaspersky for Mac, Start application for the first time, Grant permissions: "The Kaspersky application will not work properly without granting these permissions. You must grant all permissions in the Essential Protection window."
  3. Regarding: "Mac name was also randomly changed", not enough information to comment..... Has the Mac named changed more than once *automatically* since Kaspersky Premium has been active & is the Mac name still *automatically* changing? 

image.thumb.jpeg.ed0bc747b13810a237e5e633097dbce6.jpeg

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn