What is tring.clo.footprintdns.com?

I was looking at my Kaspersky Plus report and I saw in the safe browsing section two reports that was marked with the red warning sign. One of em read as this

Event: SSL connection with invalid certificate detected

User type: Not defined Application name: SearchApp.exe

Application path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy

Component: Safe Browsing

Result description: Blocked

Object name: tring.clo.footprintdns.com

Reason: Invalid certificate name. The name is not included in the list of allowed names or is explicitly excluded from it.

With this, I want some answers. I have saw similar questions to mine but I still do not understand. AFAIK it's related to SearchApp.exe but what is tring.clo.footprintdns.com/ moiafdaws.clo.footprintdns.com ? Kaspersky had a notification asking me to block the SSL which I did. And so, what is it? And am I safe?

5 hours ago, harlan4096 said:

Welcome to Kaspersky Community.

Kaspersky warns this way when You try to access a site that has issues with its digital certificate.

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=tring.clo.footprintdns.com&s=13.107.246.254&ignoreMismatch=on

Hello!

Thank you for responding.

While I get why Kaspersky would warn me of such sites that has certificate issues since this has happened to me in the past, I still don't get why it happened since I wasn't accessing the internet to begin with (hence why it's been bugging me out)

I scanned my WindowsApp folder as it was the file path for searchapp.exe and all is clear. Afterall, this all started because it was a SearchApp.exe problem.

So could you tell, instead of why it happened, tell me what is the footprintdns? Is it related to Microsoft as some say it is or is it just some random site? And lastly, am I safe?

Thank you for reading

В 25.04.2024 в 13:51, harlan4096 сказал:

Ok, to be sure, then download this tool: https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/adwcleaner

Run a scan, and paste here in Your next post, the results of the scanning.

Hello! Sorry for the very late respond. I was quite busy for a few days

I haven't done a malwarebyte scan yet, however it does seems that everything is fine. It seems that the domain is connected with Microsoft Office.

Everything seems to be working well, and kaspesky doesn't detect the object anymore when i use searchapp. I think it's all clear.

Thank you for your help !