What Happens When My Subscription Ends

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello, I bought a 2 year subscription for Kaspersky Premium for 5 devices from Amazon, and I asked a question about auto renewal.  I got a reply and it says it's from "Kaspersky Manufacturer" and the reply states there is no auto renewal which is what I want.

So my question is, if I let my subscription run out in 2 years time does Kaspersky Premium stop working altogether or does it revert to the basic version or the free version ?

Thank You

Sid

1 hour ago, Sid Cannon said:

Hello, I bought a 2 year subscription for Kaspersky Premium for 5 devices from Amazon, and I asked a question about auto renewal.  I got a reply and it says it's from "Kaspersky Manufacturer" and the reply states there is no auto renewal which is what I want.

So my question is, if I let my subscription run out in 2 years time does Kaspersky Premium stop working altogether or does it revert to the basic version or the free version ?

Hello @Sid Cannon

Welcome!

Read: Kaspersky Premium, How paid subscription works

"The subscription is automatically renewed at the end of each period unless you cancel it. Towards the end of the paid period, you will receive an email with a reminder about the upcoming charge with a confirmation of the next renewal price. The payment for the next period takes place before the current period expires, to make sure you enjoy uninterrupted protection from cybersecurity threats. If the subscription is successfully renewed, remaining days of the current period are added to the new period.

Note that the price of the subscription may vary. At the moment of renewal, special offers and discounts may be available, which will not affect your subscription.

If you have not renewed your subscription, the application *may* switch to limited functionality mode."

• Regarding: "there is no auto renewal", this is *unusual* - IF the subscription was purchased from a Kaspersky site, for example: Kaspersky Global, Kaspersky USA, Kaspersky DE etc.. - auto-renewal is ON for all of the *new* Kaspersky Basic | Standard | Plus | Premium subscriptions & cannot be disabled by the subscriber - it's necessary for the subscriber to contact Kaspersky Customer Service to have auto-renewal disabled - accordingly, are you able to share the Amazon site the Kaspersky Premium, 2 year, 5 devices subscription was purchased from please, we'd like to see where it shows there is no auto-renewal OR please post a screen-print, showing there is no auto-renewal

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Like 1

Sorry if this reply comes through twice, but I posted it about 20 minutes ago and then realized I'd made a typo so I edited it, but the edited version has been waiting to be approved by a moderator for 20 minutes, so no idea what's gong on there.

Thanks for your replies and here is a link to Amazon where I bought the 2 year subscription.  If you click on the ratings just underneath where it says Kaspersky Premium 2023 ¦ 5 Devices etc... there's 10 ratings at the moment, it will scroll down and you will see questions that have been asked and answered.

There you should see my question about auto renewal.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kaspersky-Advanced-Security-Anti-Phishing-Unlimited/dp/B0BP1GDYB2/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2G4DP9RDVVGJI&keywords=kaspersky&qid=1684004118&sprefix=kaspersky%2Caps%2C90&sr=8-1&th=1

If I've been lied to and auto renewal is ON, can you tell me how to cancel it please.  I've looked this up and found instructions on how to do this when you've bought it from various places, but not if you've bought it from Amazon.

My concern is I got this from Amazon for £33.99, and in two years time auto renewal will probably be over £100 and I'm not willing to pay that.

Thank You

Sid 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Sid Cannon said:

Thanks for your replies and here is a link to Amazon where I bought the 2 year subscription.  If you click on the ratings just underneath where it says Kaspersky Premium 2023 ¦ 5 Devices etc... there's 10 ratings at the moment, it will scroll down and you will see questions that have been asked and answered.

There you should see my question about auto renewal.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kaspersky-Advanced-Security-Anti-Phishing-Unlimited/dp/B0BP1GDYB2/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2G4DP9RDVVGJI&keywords=kaspersky&qid=1684004118&sprefix=kaspersky%2Caps%2C90&sr=8-1&th=1

If I've been lied to and auto renewal is ON, can you tell me how to cancel it please.  I've looked this up and found instructions on how to do this when you've bought it from various places, but not if you've bought it from Amazon.

My concern is I got this from Amazon for £33.99, and in two years time auto renewal will probably be over £100 and I'm not willing to pay that.

Hello @Sid Cannon

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back!

IF this is (your) Question:

& IF is their Answer:
Hello,
if you buy a one-year licence, there is no auto renewal. The licence ends after the one year and you have the option to buy another licence to extend the time. If you want the licence to end, you don't have to do anything else.
Your Kaspersky team

IF 'yes', technically it's TRUE *but*, in (your topic) you've stated: I bought a 2 year subscription for Kaspersky Premium for 5 devices; so either (you) did not ask them the right question or they have not answered correctly; irrespective, after the purchase & after you've installed Kaspersky Premium & *BEFORE* it expires in two years time, please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Order and payment issues, How to stop/cancel automatic renewal? template; please include Order verification details, including the original email address when the purchase was made & a detailed history. Support will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resource:

How to turn off subscription auto-renewal, What to do if you couldn't cancel auto-renewal of your subscription

added resouce
  • Like 1

Thanks again Flood for replying.

Yes that is my question and that is the answer from I'm assuming somebody from Kaspersky.  I can't see Amazon letting somebody who answers questions on their website, claim to be from Kaspersky if they're not.  If I log into Amazon and go to the same place, it says the reply is from Kaspersky Manufacturer.  I'll attach an image I got using the snipping tool.

I get what you are saying, but my question mentioned no time frame and I assumed that the answer wasn't specific to just a one year licence, I took it as he/she was using a one year licence as an example.

Anyway, I've contacted Kaspersky Customer Service as advised and I'll keep you posted on what happens.

Thank You

Sid

Kaspersky.JPG

• Thanks 1

• Solution
22 minutes ago, Sid Cannon said:

I received a reply from KCS and it turns out there is no auto renewal when you buy from Amazon.

Hello @Sid Cannon

Excellent & thank you for your proactive followup & for sharing with the Community, that's interesting & good to know; we really appreciate your input?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

pn
  • Thanks 1