What does account owner see? What can they do? What can they access?

I have kaspersky premium given to me but I'm not the account owner.

I have read a couple of threads on here and some of the documentation. But it remains a little unclear and vague.

What can the account owner specifically access on my device?

What can they specifically see?

What can they specifically do?

Can I please get clear definitive answer please?

For example:

-can they see file list, names and paths?

-can they see other devices and hardware connected? Think a PC running kaspersky with connected external drive, camera, network PC and so forth.

-can they see logins and passwords using the password manager? In a thread I saw someone say no, but the official documentation for shared accounts in password manager data sync seems to indicate yes?

-can they see what programs or software is installed?

-can they see optimization suggestions, PC startup suggestions and so on that premium shows the user?

-can they see what identity searches were done or what identities are being protected? A privacy protection function of premium that shows the user if their data has been leaked elsewhere

-can they see vault and content?

-can they see safe kids users, when accessed and so forth?

-can they run quick scan? Full scan? If yes, in the results of these, can they see any of the above?

What if the scan shows an issue or infection can they then see any of the above?

-can they see what modules are not installed or used? Eg VPN, password manager. And can they enable it remotely anyway?

-can they update the signatures DB?

-what else can they do?

-what else can they see?

Edited by fifyfofum
vault

1 hour ago, fifyfofum said:

I have Kaspersky premium given to me but I'm not the account owner.

What can the account owner specifically access on my device?

What can they specifically see?

What can they specifically do?

Can I please get clear definitive answer please?

For example:

• -can they see file list, names and paths?
  • -can they see other devices and hardware connected? Think a PC running Kaspersky with connected external drive, camera, network PC and so forth.
  • -can they see logins and passwords using the password manager? In a thread I saw someone say no, but the official documentation for shared accounts in password manager data sync seems to indicate yes?
  • -can they see what programs or software is installed?
  • -can they see optimization suggestions, PC startup suggestions and so on that premium shows the user?
  • -can they see what identity searches were done or what identities are being protected? A function of premium that shows the user if their data has been leaked elsewhere
  • -can they run quick scan? Full scan? If yes, in the results of these, can they see any of the above?
  • What if the scan shows an issue or infection can they then see any of the above?
  • -can they see what modules are not installed or used? Eg VPN, password manager. And can they enable it remotely anyway?
  • -can they update the signatures DB?
  • -what else can they do? -what else can they see?

Hello @fifyfofum

Welcome!

• The subscription owner will not have access to your private data, such as your bank card details or passwords.
  • The subscription owner can initiate scans on (your) device, the output is summarized. They can also update application databases & turn on or turn off the protection components of the installed Kaspersky applications                                                                                                                         image.thumb.png.b7dc25847da76eda93a69dccbbe80a10.png
  • For *other issues* on (your) computer, on (their) MyKaspersky - they may get Notifications advising there's an issue with (your) *computer* however - selecting that message will notify to fix the issue *locally* - i.e., on the device, not remotely.
  • On (your) installed Kaspersky Premium application - make sure: Allow managing Kaspersky settings via remote control applications is *unchecked* & Enable external management of system services - is *unchecked*

(Your list)

• No.
  • Whichever device has Kaspersky Premium software installed. 
  • No & provide the URL / reference for this *official documentation* please? 
  • Only Kaspersky software installed under the Premium subscription. 
  • No. 
  • No *but* IF they have (your) phone number, they can run the option locally on their computer - they don't need to do that from MyKaspersky, nor do they need to share their subscription (with you), to do that & (you) presumably have their phone number, when you install Premium, you will be able to do exactly the same. The same applies for Data Leak, with email address used for checking. 
  • Answered in (our) intro. 
  • Answered in (our) intro.
  • Answered above - dot point 4. & VPN & KPM cannot be *enabled* remotely.
  • Yes. 
  • Shared Premium subscription has Unlimited VPN for the subscriber account *only*, all other users on the subscription get Limited/Free VPN. 
  • Read: Shared protection

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn
  • Thanks 1

@Flood and Flood's wife

Thank you for such comprehensive response 🙂

I will read this again and also check those settings.

In answer to your request, I should have kept the tab open lol. Now I can't find it properly but it was a snippet in the official support article. Might have been old or outdated but it was about data vaults, kaspersky account and sharing. One of them that I did find again is

https://support.kaspersky.com/help/KPM/Mac10.2/en-US/100247.htm

With privacy protection enabled, they won't know all the emails and phone numbers you are using right? The ones that kaspersky also automatically checks for you and notifies you via popup that it's safe. (Sure they can locally check the ones we both know of each other but would they know all the others being used and checked is the issue)

If safe kids is run or tried would they know? I think I read yes? Just a notification that it's installed or used? Nothing specific?

So if there is even a virus infection they still don't see the file name, file path and so on? Just that there is a virus and the type? Your screenshot shows virtually nothing to them 🙂

The optimization suggestions, PC startup and so on only local sees? They don't even see a notification for this?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fifyfofum said:
  1. In answer to your request, I should have kept the tab open lol. Now I can't find it properly but it was a snippet in the official support article. Might have been old or outdated but it was about data vaults, Kaspersky account and sharing. One of them that I did find again is: https://support.kaspersky.com/help/KPM/Mac10.2/en-US/100247.htm
  2. With privacy protection enabled, they won't know all the emails and phone numbers you are using right? The ones that Kaspersky also automatically checks for you and notifies you via popup that it's safe. (Sure they can locally check the ones we both know of each other but would they know all the others being used and checked is the issue).
  3. If safe kids is run or tried would they know? I think I read yes? Just a notification that it's installed or used? Nothing specific?
  4. So if there is even a virus infection they still don't see the file name, file path and so on? Just that there is a virus and the type? Your screenshot shows virtually nothing to them 🙂
  5. The optimization suggestions, PC startup and so on only local sees? They don't even see a notification for this?

Hello @fifyfofum

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the extra questions.

1. Yes, (you) should have - please find it, we'd like to clear up any misinformation. Data vault is the Secret vault & is not KPM. The doc (you've) referenced is old & has nothing to do with *shared* subscriptions. The current doc is: Sync data across devices. As a recipient of a *shared* subscription (you) will be able to install KPM (Premium) using (your) MyKaspersky account - with the email address that (you've) provided for the share to be established. When (you) set up KPM it has a Master password - known only to (you) - the subscription owner cannot see & OR do anything to (your) KPM *unless* they have the email address, password (you) use for (your) MyKaspersky account AND (your) Master password. Note - IF KPM Master password is lost OR forgotten - Kaspersky cannot help (you). It cannot be recovered by Kaspersky. Once KPM is setup (you) can also use Windows Hello to access KPM. IF (your) computer is powered OFF / ON - when KPM is next accessed the KPM Master password will need to be manually input to regain access to KPM - after that Windows Hello can be used, until the next power OFF/ON. KPM syncing is done across (your) devices. The subscription owner has the option to select Disconnect. *Read* Shared protection
  2. Data Leak Checker - correct - however - according to the documentation: "Kaspersky application lets you check for possible leaks of not only your own data, but from other user accounts that belong to your friends and family, for example." || DLC does *not* do this automatically - as in - it does not automatically collate all the email addresses (you use) & check them, it's a local function. Ditto for: Identity Theft Check - having said that, the doco has a similar statement to the earlier quoted: "you can also check phone numbers of your family members." || Let's put it this way, IF we were writing that documentation we'd write that & the previous " .. " *very* differently. 
  3. KSK is managed by one MyKaspersky account *only*. IF (you) were to install KSK it would be using (your) email address, not the subscription owner - otherwise the subscription owner would be (your) parent & then it's a whole new ball game. KSK is a powerful application, the controlling account has a lot of control / access. IF (you) were to install KSK using (your) email address (you) would be using KSK Free, not KSK Premium. The documentation states: "The subscription owner may receive notifications if a child used one of the devices with the shared subscription, so they can try the Kaspersky Safe Kids solution for protecting children." -> About Shared Protection package
  4. The subscription owner may see Notifications, we have not tested *all* of the scenarios - and we're not going to - it's potentially a bottomless pit. The Notifications will not be able to be actioned remotely. 
  5. Asked & answered previously. 
  6. IF (you) have concerns - test Kaspersky Premium Trial, share it across two accounts & test anything that concerns (you). 
  7. (for your MyKaspersky account) make sure (you) enable 2FA & install the Authenticator on more than one device -> About two-step verification via an authenticator app
  8. In all Kaspersky software, on the top right of each screen - a question mark represents HELP - selecting the question mark will open the most current documentation published for that application & the specific feature of the application. 
  • Request, for any quoted / source document(s) OR documents (you) make reference to - please always provide a URL, trying to fact check the information, without source is not ok. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
spelling