Under windows 10: Kaspersky Anti virus: avp.exe uses 100% of the CPU

epoke978

Hello

Under windows 10: Kaspersky Anti virus: avp.exe uses 100% of the CPU.

As soon as I enter the task manager, avp.exe drops to 0%. 
But if I leave the PC, after 10 minutes AVP.exe returns to 100%...  

I did a complete scan of the PC ==> Nothing found and yet it continues...

I even deactivated Kaspersky, and even so, avp.exe still uses 100% of the CPU!  
You can also tell by the fan noise.

Have you had the same problem? How can I fix this problem?

Thanks a lot

• 2 weeks later...

Windows 10 is up to date with automatic updates.
I still have the same problem of avp.exe using 100% of the CPU even after disabling Kaspersky.

I preferred to uninstall because it increases my electricity consumption too much.
Thanks in any case.

• 3 weeks later...

Experiencing high CPU usage from avp.exe (Kaspersky Anti-Virus process) on Windows 10 can be frustrating, but there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue. Here are some suggestions:

1. Update Kaspersky: Ensure that your Kaspersky Anti-Virus is up to date. Outdated software may have bugs or compatibility issues that could lead to high CPU usage. Check for updates within the Kaspersky application or visit the official website to download the latest version.

2. Perform a Full System Scan: Even though you mentioned that you have already completed a scan, it's worth doing a full system scan again to make sure there are no hidden threats. Malware or viruses could potentially cause such issues.

3. Check for Conflicting Software: Other security software or third-party applications might conflict with Kaspersky, causing high CPU usage. Temporarily disable or uninstall any other security software and monitor if the issue persists.

4. Review Kaspersky Settings: Check Kaspersky's settings for any configurations that might be causing the high CPU usage. Look for options related to real-time scanning, scheduled scans, and background processes. Adjust these settings as needed.

5. Exclude Certain Files/Folders: In Kaspersky settings, consider excluding certain files or folders from real-time scanning, especially if they contain non-malicious but resource-intensive applications. This can be done in the Kaspersky settings under the exclusions section.

6. Check for Windows Updates: Ensure that your Windows 10 operating system is up to date. Windows updates often include bug fixes and improvements that can help resolve compatibility issues.

7. Contact Kaspersky Support: If the issue persists, consider reaching out to Kaspersky's official support. They may have specific solutions or updates that address the problem.

8. Monitor for Background Processes: Use the Task Manager to monitor background processes that might be contributing to high CPU usage. Look for any unusual or unfamiliar processes