unable to link child with windows account

Marta1

Hi, when trying to assign my child with a windows account I am getting a message: “Unable to connect to the server. Please check your internet conx & proxy server settings or try again later”. 

what setting in my proxy server I should have?  thank you Marta

Hello @Marta1

Welcome!

• Proxy server should be Automatically detect settings = default.
  1. Has the Proxy server been changed? 
  2. Is KSK Premium or Free? 
  3. Has the computer & router/modem been rebooted, if not, please do the following:

Shutdown, using Shutdown, not Restart, while the computer is powered off, disconnect the power cord, shutdown the router or modem → leave OFF, reconnect the power cord to the computer & restart the computer, login to the computer with your parent/Admin account, restart  the router or modem, wait for the computer to connect to the router/modem; after connection has been established → open a browser & check any web page, e.g. your MyKaspersky account → make sure login is successful → restart the process to assign your child’s account to KSK. 

Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Resources:

Initial setup of KSK → Select Windows account and assign to child

How to set up Kaspersky Safe Kids

Hi Flood, 

thank you very much for your reply. I have the right Proxy setting, however when I have followed your steps - still nothing has changed. The only step I didn't do was the one in yellow below, not quite sure why I need a power cord ?

Shutdown, using Shutdown, not Restart, while the computer is powered off, disconnect the power cord, shutdown the router or modem → leave OFF, reconnect the power cord to the computer & restart the computer, login to the computer with your parent/Admin account, restart  the router or modem, wait for the computer to connect to the router/modem; after connection has been established → open a browser & check any web page, e.g. your MyKaspersky account → make sure login is successful → restart the process to assign your child’s account to KSK. 

regards

Marta

Hello @Marta1

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for posting back! 

Power cord, generally provides power to the computer or laptop🤔

1. From what we understand it’s a Windows computer → may we know the OS version & build, in Windows Search field, type    winver  → press enter, a small popup will show the required information please? 
  2. When your child’s account was setup was it as a local account setup or a Microsoft account
  3. In the image, we can see a child’s account has been defined → are you adding another child? 
  4. Has there ever been any other child monitoring software installed ever before ? 
  5. Is there any other Kaspersky software installed? 
  6. Is KSK Premium or Free?

Please let us know? 

Flood🐳+🐋

Hi, when trying to assign my child with a windows account I am getting a message: 

what setting in my proxy server I should have? 

thank you Marta

Hello Marta,

If the re-installation of Kaspersky Safe Kids application does not help to resolve this issue, please create the request to technical support: https://support.kaspersky.com/KSK/Win1.5/en-US/35517.htm

and submit me the number of the incident.

Thank you.

If re-installation helps, it most likely the Bug 4767224: [SUPPORT] Unable to establish a connection alert if try to link child account.

The registration of child`s account requires the Parents UIS token, but if it does not use some long time, such error can be appeared.

The developers are planing to fix this issue in patch J(19 Aug).

If re-installation does not help, we need to analyze the problem to find out the root of the error.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...