tribler tracker not working

I am using Kaspersky Standard and am experiencing an issue with Tribler not functioning properly. Despite adding Tribler to the exceptions list and the list of trusted applications, it still does not work as intended.

The main issue seems to be with the trackers, which are in a "not working" state. Interestingly, when I pause Kaspersky's security features, Tribler operates without any issues. This leads me to believe that something in Kaspersky's security settings is blocking Tribler's network activity, specifically its trackers.

Given this situation, could you please advise on how to configure Kaspersky Standard to allow Tribler to function correctly without having to disable security entirely? Are there specific settings or advanced configurations that I should look into to resolve this tracker issue while maintaining my system's security?

Welcome to Kaspersky Community.

Please provide version of Kaspersky Standard installed.

You can try to add an exclusion in: Intrusion Prevention -> Manage Applications, find Tribler app -> 1 mouse right button over it -> Details and rules -> Exclusions -> and enable: Do not scan encrypted traffic -> Save

Close Tribler if running, and try executing it again.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, harlan4096 said:

다음에서 제외를 추가할 수 있습니다: 침입 방지 -> 응용 프로그램 관리, Tribler 앱 찾기 -> 그 위에 마우스 오른쪽 버튼 1개 -> 세부 정보 및 규칙 -> 제외 -> 활성화: 암호화된 트래픽 검사 안 함

I am currently using Kaspersky Standard and have been experiencing difficulties getting Tribler to work correctly. In an effort to resolve this, I have taken the following actions:

(1) I've registered Trusted Application.
(2) Under Intrusion Prevention settings I've enabled the option: "Do not scan encrypted traffic."

Despite these measures, Tribler still does not function correctly, and this remains the case even after restarting the application.

K-20240318-192759605.png

K-20240318-192739646.png

K-20240318-192713603.png

Edited by thePRO
  • Like 1

Hello @thePRO,

Unfortunately, I do not know exactly how your program works.

However, Kaspersky has a built-in protection against tracking called 'Private Browsing'.
Go to 'Settings->Privacy settings->Private Browsing' and disable this module as a test.

• Like 1

I just installed Tribler, and I got the same issue, at 1st it remained in Loading... so I have to edit my suggested Exclusion, and change it to Do not scan all traffic, then I finally got the GUI working, but where can I find that:

image.png.720d074344f36ff07f5a64bfe2af34f7.png

10 minutes ago, harlan4096 said:

I just installed Tribler, and I got the same issue, at 1st it remained in Loading... so I have to edit my suggested Exclusion, and change it to Do not scan all traffic, then I finally got the GUI working, but where can I find that:

image.png.720d074344f36ff07f5a64bfe2af34f7.png

How do I set Kaspersky to "Do not scan all traffic"?
When I pause Kaspersky, everything works fine.

K-20240318-195419127.png