STEAM shows Error Code -101 suddenly

hi guys, i dunno what Kaspersky does sometimes but again STEAM shows me the error code, disabling kaspersky then works. does anyone got a solution maybe? thx

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tom43 said:

i dunno what Kaspersky does sometimes but again STEAM shows me the error code, disabling Kaspersky then works. does anyone got a solution maybe? thx

Hello @Tom43

Welcome back!

• IF (your) Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) is v21.3* - follow steps 1 to 10 - the steps involve upgrading KIS to Kaspersky Standard, the upgrade is free & is like-for-like; read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T. KIS will eventually become obsolete, Kaspersky have not yet announced an end-date. 
  1. Check (your) MyKaspersky account, Subscriptions tab & make sure the *existing* Kaspersky Activation code is saved there? 
  2. Create a System restore pointHow to create a restore point in Windows
  3. Uninstall KIS -> during the uninstall (you) will be prompted to save data - only select License information
  4. At the end of the uninstall make sure the computer is rebooted. 
  5. Download the new software from here: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product
  6. Install, follow: How to install the application
  7. At the end of the install make sure the application is *signed into* with the same email address that (you) use to sign into (your) MyKaspersky account - so the software, account & license synchronise. 
  8. Run a Database update. 
  9. Shutdown the computer using SHUTDOWN not Restart, when the computer if fully OFF - power ON by pressing the power button, login.
  10. Recheck the Steam error code 101 issue? 
  11. IF the Steam error code 101 issue persists, log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service, on the support page, https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - select either Chat or Email, then fill in the template as shown in the following image; please include any screen images of the error & a *detailed history*           image.thumb.png.aea29c71ddf2e32d6a1202d41c47a0ea.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
image formatting

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, LéoDeTasmanie said:

This post correct Steam 101 error on my PC.

I'm still on 21.3 version.

Hello @LéoDeTasmanie

Welcome!

1. Upgrade to Kaspersky's new software, the upgrade is free & is *like-for-like*, read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ by Danila T.
  2. *BEFORE* you start the upgrade, check (your) MyKaspersky account, Subscriptions tab & make sure the *existing* Kaspersky Activation code is saved there? 
  3. Create a System restore pointHow to create a restore point in Windows
  4. The new software can be downloaded from:  https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product.
  5. Install, follow: How to install the application
  6. At the end of the install make sure the application is *signed into* with the same email address that (you) use to sign into (your) MyKaspersky account - so the software, account & license synchronise. 
  7. Run a Database update. 
  8. Shutdown the computer using SHUTDOWN not Restart, when the computer if fully OFF - power ON by pressing the power button, login.
  9. Recheck the Steam error code 101 issue? 
  10. IF the Steam error code 101 issue persists, log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service, on the support page, https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - select either Chat or Email, then fill in the template as shown in the following image; please include any screen images of the error & a *detailed history*      image.thumb.png.9141dfe57c225cc961946cbd303acbc6.png    

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋