STEAM 101 error

4 hours ago, Studynx said:

I cannot connect to the STEAM server. STEAM and all of its files are TRUSTED by Kaspersky. The problem began yesterday. Can I get help?

Hello @Studynx

Welcome back!

Kaspersky Total Security has been replaced by Kaspersky Plus, you may wish to upgrade, the upgrade is free & is *like-for-like*, read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ by Danila T.

Kaspersky Plus can be downloaded from: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Studynx

Welcome back!

Kaspersky Total Security has been replaced by Kaspersky Plus, you may wish to upgrade, the upgrade is free & is *like-for-like*, read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ by Danila T.

Kaspersky Plus can be downloaded from: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋 

How can I reinstall KTS without losing the license? I bought the license from a 3rd party so Kaspersky Support wouldn't help with resetting it.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Studynx said:

How can I reinstall KTS without losing the license? I bought the license from a 3rd party so Kaspersky Support wouldn't help with resetting it.

Hello @Studynx

Thank you for posting back!

In the KTS application, select the headset icon - there's the Activation code - that should *also* be saved in (your) MyKaspersky account - but - we have a question - why do you wish to reinstall KTS - the issue will possibly re-occur? Using Kaspersky Plus resolves the Steam connectivity issue. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋 

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Steam connectivity issue.

5 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Studynx

In the KTS application, select the headset icon - there's the Activation code - that should *also* be saved in (your) MyKaspersky account - but - we have a question - why do you wish to reinstall KTS - the issue will possibly re-occur? Using Kaspersky Plus resolves the Steam connectivity issue. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋 

Has this STEAM connectivity issue been documented regarding the old KTS I'm using? I'm not the only one facing this issue?

5 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Studynx

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋 

Also the reason i ask about the activation renewal is because my license is 3rd party and if I tried to use it again I'd go over the activation limit of the 3rd party code and support wouldn't help me resetting it as it's from a 3rd party

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Studynx

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋 

Hey, exiting the app and then relaunching it has solved my issue completely! If I exited the app and then relaunched it, does that mean Kaspersky's active on my system again?

1720170679297.png

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Studynx said:

1. Has this STEAM connectivity issue been documented regarding the old KTS I'm using? I'm not the only one facing this issue?

2. Also the reason i ask about the activation renewal is because my license is 3rd party and if I tried to use it again I'd go over the activation limit of the 3rd party code and support wouldn't help me resetting it as it's from a 3rd party

39 minutes ago, Studynx said:

Hey, exiting the app and then relaunching it has solved my issue completely! If I exited the app and then relaunched it, does that mean Kaspersky's active on my system again?

1. Not formally. IF (you) don't wish to upgrade to Kaspersky Plus & the connectivity issue repeats - you may wish to try the solution in: Kaspersky blocks programs internet access (Steam, Discord). However, our recommendation is to upgrade to Kaspersky Plus

2. License / activation issues cannot be resolved by the Community, the Community has no access to a subscribers *private* information, only Kaspersky Customer Service can assist. ALSO - READ this: How to repeatedly activate an application with the same activation code?

3. Shutdown the computer using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, power ON by pressing the power button, login, make sure KTS is running & there are no notifications OR alerts in the GUI & or in the Windows Notifications centre & check KTS REPORTS - check WINDOWS EVENTS 

MONITOR the computer!

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

1. Not formally. IF (you) don't wish to upgrade to Kaspersky Plus & the connectivity issue repeats - you may wish to try the solution in: Kaspersky blocks programs internet access (Steam, Discord). However, our recommendation is to upgrade to Kaspersky Plus

2. License / activation issues cannot be resolved by the Community, the Community has no access to a subscribers *private* information, only Kaspersky Customer Service can assist. ALSO - READ this: How to repeatedly activate an application with the same activation code?

3. Shutdown the computer using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, power ON by pressing the power button, login, make sure KTS is running & there are no notifications OR alerts in the GUI & or in the Windows Notifications centre & check KTS REPORTS - check WINDOWS EVENTS 

MONITOR the computer!

Deleting the reports and then relaunching the app seems to have solved the issue. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1