Kaspersky blocks programs internet access (Steam, Discord)

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi
For a few weeks now, I noticed my Steam updates could not be done unless I started my computer in Safe Mode. I also cound not access the Store page or my Friends list, as it said I had no connection, but I could play any of the games I have already installed even if they needed an internet connection
After trying a few things, I found out that changing the name of the folder of Steam (to Steam2, Steam3 etc) and then starting Steam.exe was enough for it to work
This morning though, Discord tried to update itself, and was blocked

While looking thourgh KAspersky's program control, I tried to view the details for Steam and Discord, and got the message (see picture) that the file was "moved or deleted"
However, prior to the update problems, I had not moved Steam from its original folder
Even less for Discord

I tried uninstalling Steam as a whole (kept a copy on another disk) , and reinstalling, to see if Kaspersky would now see the folder, but I keep getting the same message
I used the "clean" to remove the missing applications, no effect

I had the "active desinfection" on, I turned it off, it seems to be helpfull, however I would still like to know what is going on and be able to fix it and turn it back on

I checked through the reports, but nothing is shown there

Here are my datas :
Windows 10 Professionnal Version 22H2
Kaspersky Total Security Version 21.3.10.391 (k)

Thank you for your help

kasMovedDeleted.png

• Solution

Hello @Gregorif,

Welcome!

Please try this solution from @Igor Kurzin:

1. Make sure Windows Hidden files, is checked/ticked, refer: View hidden files and folders in Windows
  2. Open Kaspersky app, select Settings, select Generaluncheck Enable Self-Defense, select Save, select Yes - to confirm the action.
  3. Exit Kaspersky app - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Exit.
  4. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete the contents = all files and folders.
  5. Start Kaspersky app.
  6. Enable Self-Defense.
  7. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.
  8. Re-check the issue?
  9. IF the issue persists, please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1

Thank you for your quick response, this seems to have fixed it since I can now access the details of Steam or Discord in the Application Control panel

I thought I had already deactivated the Self-Defense, but I had actually unchecked the "active cleanup" that is just above in the same window

Have a good day ?

• Thanks 1

I did re-enable it before confirming it was working, yes, and I stopped/started my computer fully

31 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

31 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Gregorif

You're most welcome! We're delighed to read the issue is resolved?‍♂️

• ?Please confirm you've re-enabled Self-Defense after completing steps 1 to 5?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Gregorif
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

On 5/5/2023 at 12:57 PM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Gregorif,

Welcome!

Please try this solution from @Igor Kurzin:

1. Make sure Windows Hidden files, is checked/ticked, refer: View hidden files and folders in Windows
  2. Open Kaspersky app, select Settings, select Generaluncheck Enable Self-Defense, select Save, select Yes - to confirm the action.
  3. Exit Kaspersky app - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Exit.
  4. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete the contents = all files and folders.
  5. Start Kaspersky app.
  6. Enable Self-Defense.
  7. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.
  8. Re-check the issue?
  9. IF the issue persists, please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you?
Flood?+?

This fixed also my problem with Proton Drive not syncing and outloook crashing, yet i still have several problems with office 365. Kaspersky blocks some of the connections thus causing troubles. Only fix is to shutdown protection for the period i'm working on something. Not an optimal solution.