(Skype Desktop) unable to sign in please check your internet connection skype

Hi, i can't sign in my skype desktop until i exit kaspersky internet security

I can sign in skype on web and and my phone

I already add "Manage exclusions" to location on skype folder and still no luck

When i try to add "Trusted applications" on skype.exe, kaspersky get crash for no reason

For some reason, when i click "details and removes" on "skype-8.83.0.408.tmp" in Manage applications, i get "Application was moved or removed"

Or maybe for some reasnon i can't find the real skype on Manage applications list

022-04-29 133535.png

Hi @dongman

Try this workaround, will it help? 

1. Disable Self-Defense via Settings -> General
  2. Exit Kaspersky product, on the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, right-click the Kaspersky icon, select Exit. 
  3. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\ and rename the folder Report to Report1    |||   IF 21.5 is installed the path will be C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.5\ 
  4. Start Kaspersky Internet Security.
  5. Enable Self-Defense.
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 4/29/2022 at 12:23 AM, Igor Kurzin said:

Hi @dongman

Try this workaround, will it help? 

1. Disable Self-Defense via Settings -> General
  2. Exit Kaspersky product, on the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, right-click the Kaspersky icon, select Exit. 
  3. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\ and rename the folder Report to Report1    |||   IF 21.5 is installed the path will be C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.5\ 
  4. Start Kaspersky Internet Security.
  5. Enable Self-Defense.

I had the symptoms of the original post occur across a variety of applications. I thought it was a problem with the port monitor component but realized the application management allows modification on a per-application basis and went to check, only to see Kaspersky thought they were invalid/missing and discovered this solution.

This resolved the issue for me.

Is this caused by a database file corruption? How can this be avoided in the future.

Thanks.