Severe Glitch of App making it useless!

Desmobdjjjj

Hi, I would like to report a severe glitch where my kids were able to beat the app and still gain access to YouTube videos even when the app is locked.

In the locked mode, the Google app is still available and not able to be turned off. And through Google app, my kids are able to access youtube videos. No wonder they were often on their hand phones even though their phones were locked.

It happens to Samsung S7 and Redmi Note 8 Pro phones and probably all other phones.

This literally renders the Kaspersky Safe Kids useless! Can the Google app be removed from the locked screen?

The video is attached below.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hello @Desmobdjjjj

Welcome back!

1. ?It's a known issue. 
  2. A workaround you may wish to try: from Google Play Store, install AppLock, LOCK the Google app with AppLock, then LOCK AppLock with KSK. 
  3. Please log a case with Kaspersky Support; on the support page select either Chat or Email, then select Application malfunction, Other template; Support may need logs, traces & other data, they will guide you; please include any screen images / videos of the issue - they may help support understand & a detailed history. 
  • Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Pawel L said:

This is what I was exactly going to report via ticket.

1. Do you know if known bug means developers are working on it?

Hello @Pawel L

Welcome back! 

1. It's been complained about before, for a rather long time; others have logged cases, e.g., @JR69Google system app can still not be blocked on Android devices.
  • What we do know is, the more people that formally log cases, the higher the possibility that an issue, of this nature, will be addressed, that's how Kaspersky works; it's your choice. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

@Flood and Flood's wife

Thanks for clarifying out. I'm not gonna cry about this, because it seems that I can easily lock app via MIUI built in lock app feature, which is way better than using app lock application from Play Store. However in spare time I'll create a ticket.

Video regarding MIUI app lock:

Edited by Pawel L
minor
  • Like 1