Set up Samsung Knox

Okaysppon
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Afternoon,

I have a constant notification to set up Samsung Knox but I don't know what I need to do. When I go in in to the Kaspersky app there's no prompt to the settings that needs attention. I've looked on the other phone and both seem to be in order. 

Screenshot_20230411_164600_Chrome.jpg

5 hours ago, Okaysppon said:

3. I have a constant notification to set up Samsung Knox, but I don't know what I need to do?

Hello @Okaysppon

Welcome!

• Samsung Knox is a security platform, built into the device chipset to provide a foundational level of data safety and network protection.

1. Is the device being set-up (or has been set-up) for the parent or the child
  2. Which KSK version is installed, refer: Find which Kaspersky Safe Kids version is installed on the device? 
  3. ▶️When the KSK Setup Samsung Knox *notification* is tapped on - what happens? 

?When KSK is installed, the following should've been seen & actioned & the 'Knox license validation completed successfully' message seen as well:

image.thumb.jpeg.511545fce8c312bb5e0186e965b6c304.jpeg   image.thumb.jpeg.11923f94a26e3933e02c38e3936a2b3b.jpeg  image.thumb.jpeg.4eac324029707e247cc612dc3f8ebe10.jpeg

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon @Flood and Flood's wife,

Thanks for the reply. I've been using the app on both parent and child phone no issues until a few weeks ago when this notification appeared. Answers to your questions are below.  

1) Parent 

2) Both running 1.89.0.15

3) Nothing happens when I tap the notification, it just takes me to the app home screen.

Thanks in advance 

• Thanks 1

Hi

I have exactly the same issue as described by Okaysppon. Same notification; same app version; app working fine for months until recently; clicking the notification opens the app, but does nothing; notification won't go away.

Could it be a bug in the latest version of the app?

I am running the app on a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE. My son's phone is a Samsung Galaxy S8. Neither phone is rooted. 

• Solution

Hello @Okaysppon thank you for posting back & the additional information & hello @Apex, Welcome & thank you for adding to the topic! 

1. Re, "Could it be a bug in the latest version of the app?"

• Can either of you pinpoint when (date) the Setup Samsung Knox - notification appeared? 

2. @Apex - is the Setup Samsung Knox - notification - on both Androids? 

3. The images we showed - in our first reply - were for - child KSK configuration, Android v: 11 | One UI v: 3.1 | Knox v: 3.7, L 33 - 4.1.0 || the parent Android - same OS, UI & Knox v, does not show any Knox issues at all. 

4. On the device - or devices - where Setup Samsung Knox - notification - is an issue - have either of you uninstalled KSK, following KSK documentation, including shutdown/powering off the Android - AFTER the uninstall - then downloading & cleaning installing / configuring a new KSK - again - following KSK documentation -> see Resources section below? IF 'no', please do so & post back the results? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resources:

Get started on Android

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2023 at 5:55 AM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Okaysppon thank you for posting back & the additional information & hello @Apex, Welcome & thank you for adding to the topic! 

1. Re, "Could it be a bug in the latest version of the app?"

• Can either of you pinpoint when (date) the Setup Samsung Knox - notification appeared? 

2. @Apex - is the Setup Samsung Knox - notification - on both Androids? 

3. The images we showed - in our first reply - were for - child KSK configuration, Android v: 11 | One UI v: 3.1 | Knox v: 3.7, L 33 - 4.1.0 || the parent Android - same OS, UI & Knox v, does not show any Knox issues at all. 

4. On the device - or devices - where Setup Samsung Knox - notification - is an issue - have either of you uninstalled KSK, following KSK documentation, including shutdown/powering off the Android - AFTER the uninstall - then downloading & cleaning installing / configuring a new KSK - again - following KSK documentation -> see Resources section below? IF 'no', please do so & post back the results? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resources:

Get started on Android

Waited a few days to see if the solution worked, which it has so far. 

I uninstalled the programme and reinstalled which seems to have done the trick. 

Thanks 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Okaysppon said:

I uninstalled the programme and reinstalled which seems to have done the trick

Waited a few days to see if the solution worked, which it has so far. 

Excellent, well done @Okaysppon?, thank you for taking the time to update the Community, we're delighted with the outcome?‍♂️

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn