Server with Multiple versions loaded

Go to solution Solved by Oleg Bykov,

We have an installation of 400+ servers running Kasp Security 10.1.2.996 and recently upgraded them from Kasp Security 10.0.0.486. Three of my servers encountered a strange issue where after the upgrade, the Applications tab for that server in KSC shows two versions of the application loaded. I have attached an image showing the multiple versions. I have tried uninstalling, rebooting, running the kavremvr.exe cleanup tool, deleting the Kaspersky install folders, and reinstalling both from deploys and manually and it keeps returning as shown. How can I clean up the old installation? Is there leftover registry keys that should be removed?

Hello, Try to run the msiexec command to uninstall KS10WS (10.0.0.486): Kaspersky Security 10 for Windows Server -> version: 10.0.0.486 unistall string: "msiexec.exe /x {F4A5A097-284F-40B3-BD31-D1CCB8E10F63} /qb" Then check the behavoir after the reboot. Best Regard

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to run your string on one of the servers, and I received the reply "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed." I believe that version uninstalled cleanly. even the kavremvr.exe application didn't show there was any Kaspersky installed before I re-installed the newest version.

• Solution
Hello, I think it's a remnants of KSWS 10.0 in the Windows Registry. Please see what you have in this registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Products\WSEE If there are two version subkeys listed, then try to remove (after exporting the backup copy just in case) the one with "10.0.0.0" in the key name.

Oleg, thanks for getting me looking in the right place. I found the following three keys that had 10.0 subkeys. They all had to be deleted and the network agent restarted before the KSC reported that the client was only using 10.1.2. HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\WSEE\ HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\WSEE\ HKLM\Software\KasperskyLab\WSEE\ Now I have a clean installation... thanks.