Safe Money disables Adblock and Ublock Extensions

Go to solution Solved by Past My Best,

Hi, every time I access Safe Money in a protected window Kaspersky disables three extensions, Adblock, Google New Tab, Custom New Tab etc.  Then when I return to the standard browser and select a new tab, instead of being presented with the page I want (Google) I'm hit with Windows Edge and the only remedy is to go to manage extensions and enable them.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks

Thank you: I had already uninstalled (retaining acct details) and reinstalled Kaspersky Total Security the day before I made this post trying to correct it without having to ask others on this forum.  Reinstalling made NO difference, it still happens.

You say "reinstall on-top Kaspersky" do you mean just run the program on top of my existing one, the one I did three days ago? Thanks

@Past My Best You are welcome.

I can't reproduce your issue 🤔, which Edge version are you running ?

17 minutes ago, Past My Best said:

Reinstalling made NO difference

Maybe this Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQQ1 ?

Q1. How are they compatible with old apps?
Kaspersky Anti-Virus             -> Kaspersky Standard
Kaspersky Internet Security  -> Kaspersky Standard
Kaspersky Total Security       -> Kaspersky Plus (with KSK and without unlimited VPN)
Kaspersky Security Cloud     -> Kaspersky Plus (with KSK and without unlimited VPN)

21 minutes ago, Past My Best said:

"reinstall on-top Kaspersky"

An on-top install means an installation on top of the existing version without uninstall.
Under normal conditions Kaspersky license information + settings + bank accounts will be imported during the install procedure ... , to play safe it's always recommended to export the current settings. 

On 12/9/2023 at 5:07 PM, Past My Best said:

Hi, every time I access Safe Money in a protected window Kaspersky disables three extensions, Adblock, Google New Tab, Custom New Tab etc.  Then when I return to the standard browser and select a new tab, instead of being presented with the page I want (Google) I'm hit with Windows Edge and the only remedy is to go to manage extensions and enable them.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks

I would not install any external 3rd party add-ons except Kaspersky Protection add-on inside the "sandboxed" browser during a Safe Money session. Doing that, You are breaking the privacy and probably also the security inside the sandbox, introducing external add-ons that may pose a risk.

• Like 2

• Solution
21 hours ago, harlan4096 said:

I would not install any external 3rd party add-ons except Kaspersky Protection add-on inside the "sandboxed" browser during a Safe Money session. Doing that, You are breaking the privacy and probably also the security inside the sandbox, introducing external add-ons that may pose a risk.

Thanks for the advice, but I have these extensions installed for non Safe Money activity too.

I've actually corrected the problem by going to Kaspersky, More Tools, Clean Optimise, Privacy Cleaner and ran that. Success. 

• Like 2