For years of using Kaspersky with win 10 and Firefox default  I had no problems until March 2024.There were mozilla updates and I think Kaspersky too the result being 20-30 seconds wait to open a safe money web site. I did post the problem here and received a few replies but couldn`t thank anyone as my laptop crashed, dreaded blue screen, and had to have a new hard drive and reload of my win 10 by a local repairer costing much money. Some data was saved and after much debating I reloaded Firefox and Kaspersky. All was fine, safe money worked great,load time of around 8-10 seconds, UNTIL june 11th last week. I know Firefox updated to version 127 but not checked Kaspo yet, the result being that my main bank site opened as usual with the green brower screen and white box loading the correct url then it hung, no messages except the url showed kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com then numerals galore. The padlock had a red line stating unsafe. I then loaded another 10 sites I use all of which initially flashed the kis.v2 but most, not all,then proceeded to open the correct site. I tried through Edge with similar result although my bank site did eventually open after 30 seconds. After my March situation to say I was gutted is an understatement. Now somethiing I don`t understand is that if I go to the main Kaspersky site then to the Safe Money section where all Url`s are listed I can hit on any line/site and amazingly the relevant web page opens perfectly in safe mode in both Firefox and Edge relatively quickly. No kis.v2 at all. Now some may say ok use that to access web pages BUT that`s not the point as I often go via a search engine or indeed via a folder I  created with my regularly used icons. So please help. Why has this happened when I haven`t changed a thing and ideally point me how to rectify this. Many thanks.

9 hours ago, mistified said:

Now something I don`t understand is that if I go to the main Kaspersky site then to the Safe Money section where all Url`s are listed I can hit on any line/site and amazingly the relevant web page opens perfectly in safe mode in both Firefox and Edge relatively quickly. No kis.v2 at all. Now some may say ok use that to access web pages BUT that`s not the point as I often go via a search engine or indeed via a folder I  created with my regularly used icons. So please help. Why has this happened when I haven`t changed a thing and ideally point me how to rectify this.

Hello @mistified

Welcome back!

1. Which Kaspersky version, on the Windows Taskbar *hidden icons*, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  2. Do all (your) Safe Money settings match the images - excluding 5 - where (your) list will be different? READ: Safe Money settings.
  3. Since the Feb/March *disaster* has the Safe Money folder / shortcut with the regularly used icons been *recreated*? 
  4. Is the Kaspersky Protection browser extension installed in both Firefox & Edge? 
  5. Have both Firefox & Edge browsers  - in normal mode & Safe Money mode - been reset? 

image.thumb.png.f218476c8fab551f06cd1fbf6d2a0d50.png

image.thumb.png.f3a51a8fb2c2c5970e5af13fd7cef2e1.png

image.thumb.png.de90eed539c4f70877af9e0122962b3a.png

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
modified link

Hi Flood, Many thanks for replying. Let me attempt some answers for you.

1. Version 21.17.7.539

2. Yes images equate to setting images shown.

3. I think my icon folder (known in win 10 as "briefcase") was actually saved across from my old hard drive. However if I follow what you may be thinking I should reiterate that I get the same results- kis.v2 etc- if using a search engine ( google or duck duck ) to locate my bank or indeed type in manually the url.

4. To be honest I never did install the extension pre or post March BUT I have done so now although it makes no difference sadly.

5. Sorry but I`m not sure what you mean by resetting browsers. I have changed browser defaults via windows settings and I have swapped browsers in Kaspersky "additions" category ( your red circled number 3 in images).

I`ve been reading other topics quoting certificates errors and message errors but nothing seems to cover my simple logic of why every url opens perfectly via the safe money website listing box yet any other means of location a url to open encounters varying degrees of speed opening troubles.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, mistified said:

1. Version 21.17.7.539

2. Yes images equate to setting images shown.

3. I think my icon folder (known in win 10 as "briefcase") was actually saved across from my old hard drive. However if I follow what you may be thinking I should reiterate that I get the same results- kis.v2 etc- if using a search engine ( google or duck duck ) to locate my bank or indeed type in manually the url.

4. To be honest I never did install the extension pre or post March BUT I have done so now although it makes no difference sadly.

5. Sorry but I`m not sure what you mean by resetting browsers. I have changed browser defaults via windows settings and I have swapped browsers in Kaspersky "additions" category ( your red circled number 3 in images).

6. I`ve been reading other topics quoting certificates errors and message errors but nothing seems to cover my simple logic of why every url opens perfectly via the safe money website listing box yet any other means of location a url to open encounters varying degrees of speed opening troubles.

Hello @mistified

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the information!

1. "briefcase" in the context of Safe Money does not make sense, in our second image above, number 4 is Create shortcut for Safe MoneyClicking this link creates a desktop shortcut for starting Safe Money. This shortcut allows opening a window that contains a list of websites of banks or payment systems for which Protected Browser is used for access. || see image below
  2. (Your # 6. above) We're having trouble understanding the issue, sorry! We thought it was, when (you) were accessing a banking site, using Edge or Firefox, via a search engine (Google or Duck-Duck), the response was slow & there was kis.v2 showing - based on that understanding - we suggested: edge://settings/reset & Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings - but - we're left wondering IF this is the problem? IF it's not too much trouble - could you describe it again please? 

image.thumb.png.c6e5ec797ef36bdac7cd5397090e75a9.png

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Again thank for your time and help. This is just an interim reply as I have to go visiting customers for my business now, however, just briefly your understanding is correct.

1. Don`t let me perhaps confuse you with "briefcase" this I think was just a win10 gimmick to have an icon on the desktop with a briefcase image, it is nothing more than merely a basic folder anyone can create on a desktop and in my case is used for web site icons mostly needing safe protection.

Yes I have had a shortcut to Safe Money for a good while and it is there in the list of websites deemed for protection that I can open all sites with no problems, no kis.v2, and speedily in either browser and if I have to resort to that method then I will have to although it isn`how how I used to access sites.

Your understanding of slow/non opening of web sites via search engines using Edge or Firefox is correct. What I didn`t see is the links to re-setting of the browsers which I will certainly try later with bated breath as we are running out of solutions to this darned frustrating situation. Thanks for your patience, i will report soon.

• Thanks 1

Hi again. Ok so re-set Firefox and of course had to personalise the data again but after all that there was no difference in outcome and still couldn`t load my main bank. To be honest I didn`t bother with Edge as I`ve hit that wall like in March where I`ve tried so many options and spent so much time my head is spinning and I can at least go via the Kaspersky safe mode list to open sites. I even spent more time checking what the comment "moz-safe-about:blank" related to but went round in circles. so we tried flood and I thank you for your time and effort, many thanks.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mistified said:
  1. Ok so re-set Firefox and of course had to personalise the data again but after all that there was no difference in outcome and still couldn`t load my main bank.
  • To be honest I didn`t bother with Edge as I`ve hit that wall like in March where I`ve tried so many options and spent so much time my head is spinning and I can at least go via the Kaspersky safe mode list to open sites.
  • I even spent more time checking what the comment "moz-safe-about:blank" related to but went round in circles.

Hello @mistified

You're most welcome!

Thank you for the update!

1. Please share the name of your main bank? We'd like to test it. Note, we tested 9 banks in Firefox, Google Search, 7 opened automatically & *quickly* in Safe Money browser, even tho kis.v2 showed in some, 2 didn't open *automatically* in Safe Money: Banco do Brasil & Caixa Econômica. 
  2. Exit out of Firefox & all browsers. 
  3. Make sure Hidden folders are checked, READ: How to enable access to hidden folders in Windows
  4. Go to: C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab - *rename* SafeBrowser folder to SafeBrowser-1 OR SafeBrowser-old                                                                                                                             image.thumb.png.b25a35ffb7fcadd026dc15a1676fe103.png       
  5. *important* - reboot the computer using SHUTDOWN, not RESTART, when the computer is OFF, power ON by pressing the power button, login. 
  6. Open Firefox, Google Search, type in your bank, press enter - what happens? 

Please post back?

• Don't worry about Edge, we mentioned it bc you did. 
  • FYI, do not bother with  "moz-safe-about:blank". 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added image