Safe Kids- can I block my kid's access to certain apps during online school time?

hpadgette

• 2 weeks later...

Of course @Tim B, but for that workaround I needn’t KSK or any other special app for that :)

Btw., I received the same proposition from Kaspersky support, but they sent my suggestions do Kaspersky HQ anyway..

I think you underestimate how helpful KSK is using the two account setup.  In my case, the student one is just a local account on Windows 10.  No Microsoft login even. Very locked down by KSK.

Microsoft’s Family setup is so unreliable which is what drove me to KSK.  No way was I able to restrict as needed for school hours using Windows 10 and Microsoft Family.  Maybe you are on another OS though.

I do wish KSK would allow access scheduling of Categories for Internet and Apps though.  That would be nice and would solve a lot of this student hours issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I just subscribed to premium and wanted to add that this feature (scheduling access to categories or website) is very important to my family.  I had this feature with Circle for years with an easy way to turn on/off access to sites via the mobile app.  However, Circle no longer supports this feature and I have cancelled my subscription to Circle as a result. 

I will submit this as a feature request as well. Hopefully more users supporting this will help push this request along.  So far, i’m happy with Kapersky’s app, but this feature is a key feature that parent really need. 

Use case: I want to block access to discord and roblox during school time, but have the ability to open access on weekends or when requested (aka after kids finish their homework for the day). 

add (scheduling access to categories or website) is very important to my family. this feature is a key feature that parent really need. 

Use case: I want to block access to discord and roblox during school time, but have the ability to open access on weekends or when requested (aka after kids finish their homework for the day). 

Hello @Jantezana

Welcome!

Thank you for being proactive & logging a request, we hope Kaspersky are listening🤔

Agreed. Scheduling App & or Web time & Categories (as mentioned by @JimD) are no brainers, sadly, at this stage, Kaspersky have not implemented them or other simple tweaks that would significantly improve KSK.

All that’s available atm, for applications, is configuring KSK to specify how many hours a day a child can use a specific application:

Web time doesn’t even have that. 

If there’s any feedback, please share it with the Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋