Problems with automatic database update

I'm running Kaspersky Plus 21.6.7.351.  I've had problems for a while now with automatic database update not seeming to work, so I am regularly getting notifications that the database is out of date.

I've tried the recommended setting of Automatic, and there is only 1 user on my PC (an admin user).  If I check under the Security tab now it tells me:

image.png.862742bd99b755bd68b8cb2637af505e.png

The last update was yesterday, so the "Never" part is incorrect.  I've had the same issue on my laptop (again 1 user, admin rights) and switched that to hourly and that seems to work fine.

How is automatic updating supposed to work, and is my experience expected behaviour?

31 minutes ago, andrew75 said:

@oztrich, check out this article.

Try clear check box "Limit traffic on metered connections" If this check box is selected.

Hi, I've double-checked both of my installations and that setting was already unticked on my desktop PC but ticked on my laptop.  It makes sense to leave it like that on my laptop tbh, as I may be connecting to other networks than my home.

• 6 months later...

HI,

Was this issue resolved? I follwed the below steps https://support.kaspersky.com/common/error/update/13285 but Kasperksy Plus still does not udpate the dtabase.

It only advise that there is an update but update is not downloaded and applied automatically. I would expect that this will be done without the user pressing the "Update" button

image.thumb.png.0f3bcb52494e51bac3b390f90dfafe43.png

Is my understanding incorrect and use needs to press update button? Was the same in KIS? (I do not remember).

Thanks

Edited by Kruk07