Prevent disabling GPS on Android [MOVED]

telmovmx

My kid’s mobile phone is Android 10, and I need to prevent him from disabling the GPS Location.

Please implement this feature on Safe Kids app.

Hello @telmovmx

Welcome!

Agreed, KSK, Where is my child → GPS location is a very important feature.

1. Have the How to prevent disabling geolocation procedures been applied? 
  2. Is your son turning off GPS location by turning off the phone or is he using other steps, please tell us those steps? 
  3. In KSK, how is phone, Settings configured?

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hi, 

1. Yes, Settings application is blocked. And, the GPS geolocation icon is hidden from the Quick Settings menu, but my kid is able to return the icon to the Quick Settings and disables GPS again.
  2. He is turning GPS location off by disabling the GPS icon on the Quick Settings menu. (icon hidden or not)
  3. In KSK (my.kaspersky.com) website, mobile phone is protected. Having the app Settings blocked on mobile phone or not doesn’t resolve the problem. KSK is also runing on mobile phone with no issues.

Thanks

Hello @telmovmx

Thank you for posting back & the information!

Unfortunately apart from the what’s documented, Kaspersky don’t have a solution to stop Quick Settings options being changed. 

We’ve raised this previously, with the KSK developers/experts, their advice is:

Unfortunately, our developers have very limited remedies here, because it is OS`s interface.” 

end quote

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 2 weeks later...

If the developers can’t block the GPS icon from being turned off in the Quick Settings menu, how about implementing a solution that turns on the GPS automatically every X minutes (user defined)??
This way, even if the kids turns the GPS off (in Setings app or Quick Settings menu), it would turn back on again automatically every X minutes...