PASSWORD MANAGER

Facu3095

Im planning to move my account to another pc, the problem is that the old pc is been fixed by a professional (is trusty) but i dont know if disconnect my pc bc there are passwords that i dont wanna lose, also idk if whatssap would be safe to transfer my password file (the export config when changing pc). is there smth that i can do it while the old pc is been fixed?

Kaspersky dont save your password on cloud right? i mean if i log in another pc and download KPM, my passwords wont be there?

50 minutes ago, Facu3095 said:

Im planning to move my account to another pc, the problem is that the old pc is been fixed by a professional (is trusty) but i dont know if disconnect my pc bc there are passwords that i dont wanna lose, also idk if whatssap would be safe to transfer my password file (the export config when changing pc). is there smth that i can do it while the old pc is been fixed?

Kaspersky don't save your password on cloud right? i mean if i log in another pc and download KPM, my passwords won't be there?

Hello @Facu3095

Welcome back!

1. IF (you) synchronized the Kaspersky app & KPM with (your) MyKaspersky account & you're logging in with the same email address, the KPM passwords & most KPM data will be saved in your MyKaspersky account - log into (your) MyKaspersky account, check if the KPM data is available? 
  2. Also, BEFORE you gave the old PC to the "trusty professional", was the Kaspersky app config saved? 
  3. & BEFORE you gave the old PC to the "trusty professional", was a BACKUP of the Kaspersky Password Manager VAULT run? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
changed q 3.

2. i dont know what you mean, i think it saves automatically. i didnt export a file. Its saved i think bc i didnt do anything to kaspersky when i gave my pc

3. I dont think so, i didnt do anything to KPM be4 gave my pc.

I didnt do back up, i didnt disconnect. All config are the same as be4 i gave.

Hello @Facu3095

Thank you for posting back & the information!

1. ⚠️IF you've installed KPM on the new PC, have you logged into (your) MyKaspersky account, from the KPM application, with the same email address you used when you purchased the license? IF you don't have a KPM Vault Backup, it's possible not all data will be available, from your MyKaspersky account, that's why you need to check (your) MyKaspersky KPM!⚠️ 

Backup, Import section

?1️⃣The Backup copy section lets you create a backup copy of the vault. If necessary, you can restore data from a backup copy. Clicking Create copy button - opens a window to select a folder to save a backup. After a folder is selected, Kaspersky Password Manager exports its data into the encrypted file in EDB format. The master password used when creating the backup protects the backup.

?2️⃣IMPORT from Vault

Clicking Import button opens a window to select the path to the vault file. Once the vault file has been selected, Kaspersky Password Manager prompts you to enter the master password that protects this vault. If you enter the correct master password, the application imports the data from the file. When the import is complete, the application displays the import results.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.e89ed90adc5e11d482b923474266237e.jpeg

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife