My laptop is started to shut down

I was buy Kaspersky because of reading a very good reviews, but to my Suprise after installation of Kaspersky antivirus, my laptop is started to shut down. I believe that Kaspersky dont expect from me to be extraordinary expert, but what I expect from Kaspersky is that he simply do his job without problems. No matter what I try my computer was keeping to shutdown and that was so awful! So I buy my good old Symantec Norton and there was no problem. Its a shame that so big machine like Kaspersky cant solve this problem once and forever ! 

@Berny,

I don't wish to hijack this topic, but would it be possible for the customer to install K without uninstalling what K identifies as "incompatible apps?"

I only ask because I could only install Kaspersky Premium after uninstalling what it considered to be an "incompatible app" in May 2024 following my switch from another AV product.

https://forum.kaspersky.com/topic/malwarebytes-considered-incompatible-with-kaspersky-44946/

I am still learning about K, so I am just wondering . . .  Sorry if it's a stupid question. 😟

Have a great day.

Regards,
Phil

Edited by garioch7

Hi @garioch7

58 minutes ago, garioch7 said:

@Berny,

I don't wish to hijack this topic . . .  Sorry if it's a stupid question.

You are welcome and please no “Sorry” , I know you are not a Topic hijacker  and your question is not stupid 😀 …

Did you try to reinstall MBAM in cohabitation with Kaspersky ?

On my side MBAM is installed with all real time protections disabled and no automatic startup in Windows. I run MBAM once in a while not as firewall but only as second opinion  to check if something strange has infiltrated in my Browsers because sometimes I am walking on a rope to check potential malware.

Kaspersky is multiple times “recommending” me to uninstall Malwarebytes which I skip , and till now I didn’t encounter any incompatibility problem when systematically installing a new Kaspersky release. 

• Like 1

@Berny,

Thank you for your reply.  Like my previous AV product (BD), I had to uninstall MBAM to install or repair that product over my ten years with them.  K was the same.  After K Premium was installed, I reinstalled MBAM Premium, and activated all four protection modules, with suitable exclusions in both products to eliminate conflicts.

Both K Premium and MBAM Premium coexist nicely and always have, as long as you also stop MBAM from registering in the Windows Security Center.  With both active together, they use less RAM than BD alone formerly did.  I am glad I saw the light and finally moved to Kaspersky.

Yes, I have an "incompatible app" warning as well.  I did write to K Support complaining the warning could not removed, but they stated the warning is designed not to be ignored or dismissed.  I think that is a bit territorial, but I can live with it, since K is the best AV product I have ever used.

I was just curious how K would have been able to be installed if it detected an "incompatible app."  I did not see any alternative but to temporarily uninstall the other product, install K, and then reinstall the other product.

Have a great day.

Regards,
Phil

• Like 1