More than one device common usage limit [MOVED]

johnyfrol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hello @johnyfrol@Cypher@katrien@abu-khulzat@Wjeremia@Anonymous, @cstf, @Anna,@AnnmarieP@jsmallfi@Nepomuk3000@jgrimm77@papabear

Update, after another year of nothing, Kaspersky have closed the request:

Sent: Sunday, 27 June 2021 01:36

Our apologies for the delay with the progress of this case.

We have sent a follow up with our Experts team. Our expert team appreciates the suggestions. However, no ETA has been set to when this suggestion will be implemented. For now, we will proceed to close the case.

end quote. 

We continue to be engaged with Kaspersky on this issue, however (ioo) it’s a futile exercise; (ioo) Kaspersky have shown no interest in improving KSK; they’ve concentrated on window dressing, claiming to have improved the product by removing cobweb → KSK never had cobweb; & changing avatars → how that helps parents they’re unable to explain; the only significant change in the last two years, that’s been of any use to parents & children has been improving Device use time options. 

We also see Community topics where two or three users complain & Kaspersky swings into action, publishing a fix & or a change within 14 days; not so with KSK...

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 2 months later...

Hello @lynx_nz,

Welcome!

1. Please edit your reply & remove the circle link, it’s not necessary for us to reply to your concern. 

Kaspersky “claim” the more parents that formally log a request, the more likely it is the request will evolved to implementation, (ioo), that rarely happens with KSK development, however, if you wish for the feature to be implemented, please submit a request, select FeedbackI have a suggestion or Feedback, I have a complaint template (see image below), include as much information as possible: 

• After you submit the request, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12 digits reference #, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Lab human will contact you, also by email, you may continue to communicate with them via reply email & or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky.com account.
  • Please let the Kaspersky Community know what they say?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, Mark6 said:

This topic was started in 2019 and now it's 2023 (soon it's 2024) and overall time limit for multiple devices haven't done yet! What a shame Kaspersky! 

Hello @Mark6

Welcome!

An absolute shame! 

More than that Kaspersky have concentrated on developing & distributing window dressing changes -one for example - that did not work -> Time credits - that they've now changed to Time used - still only for one device - at a time. 

So (ioo), not only do Kaspersky *not* listen to parents requirements, they have no hesitation in *testing* unwanted features on parents - in the *production* software - a shame & a nightmare. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn

• 2 months later...

Wow,
After using ksk on my kids pc for few days, I made (convoluted) install on kid's Ipad.

I really didn't expect there is no total time limit over multiple devices available. I mean, do developers expect kids use one device only those days?

Plus to my surprise, KSK doesn't allow to block the ipad when the time is up.

I have to say this is a dealbreaker for me. It would save me a lot of trouble if this limitation would be clearly described somewhere. Maybe I just missed that.

Edited by Sven Jansen

11 hours ago, Sven Jansen said:

Wow,

1. After using ksk on my kids pc for few days, I made (convoluted) install on kid's Ipad.
  2. I really didn't expect there is no total time limit over multiple devices available. I mean, do developers expect kids use one device only those days?
  3. Plus to my surprise, KSK doesn't allow to block the ipad when the time is up.
  4. I have to say this is a dealbreaker for me. It would save me a lot of trouble if this limitation would be clearly described somewhere. Maybe I just missed that.

Hello @Sven Jansen

Welcome!

1. 'convoluted', so true - ioo.
  2. Unfortunately, there's been no movement at the station on this one.
  3. Unfortunately, for iOS, it's an operating system limitation; if Kaspersky could do this they would. Device use monitoring can still be used, the child receives a Notification, which - of course they can ignore - or not.... 
  4. In App Store, Kaspersky Safe Kids with GPS we actually agree - the blurb shows no information about the limitations; in KSK documentation: About device use monitoring - the information is clear. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar