manage phone

When I start the kaspersky vpn app for the first time, it asks me the control to manage the phone. This stops me from continuing to use the app. I don't want the app randomly uses my phone & make calls. Is there a way to prevent the app makes calls?
Hello display10, Welcome! Please tell us:
  1. Phone operating system, version & build ? {check (phone) Settings "About"}
  2. KSC-VPN version ? {check KSC app, 3 horizontal bars) "About"}
  3. KSC-Free or Licensed? (see note at the end of my reply)
  4. What KSC Notifications have been ticked ?
  5. KSC-VPN what permissions were granted when the app was installed?
  6. Please post an image of what you see when KSC asks "to control/manage the phone ?
  7. Can you explain "When I start KSC-VPN for the first time." ?
  1. 7a How often do you start KSC-VPN ?
  2. 7b At what times do you start KSC-VPN ? for example: "when I make phone calls" & or "when I use a specific app" & or "when I go to my bank www", & or "when I send sms", etc.
Please post back? Thank you:pray_tone3: Note: Kaspersky free software has (config) limitations, advertising & no Technical Support. If we know this, we ensure we never waste your time, advising you, for example: "contact Technical Support".

Hi FLOOD, my gsm is an android 9 kernel 4.4.111-16276704 my app is the last version kaspersky vpn from play store: I can't check the about menu because the problem I speak about is at the installation immediately after download: when you open KSC it want's your agreement to have the possibility/ability to manage the phone. when you don't click OK the installation is not completed and KSC-VPN will not function I suppose. but I ask myself why must a vpn tool makes phone calls? and I don't want KSC-VPN makes randomly phone calls. or does the KSC-VPN not make phone calls normally?and is it very exceptional it will make a phone call: and for what purpose it will make a phone call? I

my gsm is an android 9 kernel 4.4.111-16276704 my app is the last version kaspersky vpn from play store: I can't check the about menu because the problem I speak about is at the installation immediately after download: when you open KSC it want's your agreement to have the possibility/ability to manage the phone. when you don't click OK the installation is not completed and KSC-VPN will not function I suppose. but I ask myself why must a vpn tool makes phone calls? and I don't want KSC-VPN makes randomly phone calls. or does the KSC-VPN not make phone calls normally?and is it very exceptional it will make a phone call: and for what purpose it will make a phone call?
Hello display10, Thank you for replying and defining the issue:pray_tone3: Is this the Attention alert ? KSC-VPN is not making phone calls, the permission is standard, required for the app to function and complies with strict, regulated privacy policies. Privacy policies vary depending on location, for example, in Sweden, the polices are different to those in Brazil. If the alert is different, may I have an image please? Thank you:pray_tone3:

I have the impression the app will do one phone call to setup free VPN and one call when you buy a license: it will not use the typical internet way because it don't want to use the normal internet connection. Is this the normal way for KSC?
Hello display10, Thanks for replying. I've (just) installed KSC-VPN on 2 different androids, one I activated licensed Premium KSC-VPN, the other I have left as the Free version, neither install process have made any calls whatsoever.
  1. When you say " it will not use the typical internet way because it don't want to use the normal internet connection", can you explain exactly what you mean please?
  2. What internet connection do you wish to use?
Please post back? Thank you.

on the image you've added I see a little detail difference namely the name: "kaspersky VPN -secure connection"; on my computer the url image presents the name: fast VPN & proxy - kaspersky secure connection" my idea was: to setup the license the app makes a phone call instead of using a normal ip connection (no ip tunneling). but as you've tested: the app makes no call I just wanted to try vpn tunneling to a vpn server on my mobile for all my internet traffic (surfing,video) w/o knowing exactly which tunneling protocol.

Hello display10, Can you post an image of " fast VPN & proxy - kaspersky secure connection" please? (I followed the link you provided) and before the link I searched Google Play store, a number of times for "fast VPN & proxy - kaspersky secure connection" without success. If you have a particular interest in any software I always suggest, install the free version, test, that way you can make an "informed" decision. Thank you.

Hello display10, Thank you for the image. There's no issue with the app, it is original. My previous advice remains unchanged: install the free version, test it thoroughly, then you'll be able to make an informed decision. I've provided 2 resources below, Windows is included bc, it includes information relevant to Android devices. Thank you. Kaspersky Secure Connection - Windows Kaspersky Secure Connection - Android

but I ask myself why must a vpn tool makes phone calls? and I don't want KSC-VPN makes randomly phone calls. or does the KSC-VPN not make phone calls normally?and is it very exceptional it will make a phone call: and for what purpose it will make a phone call?
Hi. Your questions are totally reasonable and been raised at gplay several times. In general confusion mostly comes from Android`s permission name. KSC app requires just an access to phone`s IMEI number, which is used to generate an ID, necessary for app to operate. However just getting access to this value (=IMEI) is not possible on Android w\o permission or via a separate clear permission. Instead it is a part of "phone" permission. BTW, Kaspersky team is already working on removing this permission request in future versions.

• 1 year later...

Kaspersky on my android phone doesn’t seem to connect to the internet, although file scan work etc. Tells me device is protected but doesn’t link to my home country.  No problem with my laptop Kaspersky?  What’s wrong.

Hello @dimahom

You’re so welcome!

1. Make sure KVPN meets hardware & software requirements
  2. Uninstall KVPNfollow the documentation carefully.
  3. Shutdown, power OFF the phone. 
  4. Power the phone ON. 
  5. From Google Play Store, download KVPN.
  6. Install KVPN → follow the documentation carefully.
  7. Configure KVPN (to your requirements).
  8. Recheck the issue? 
  9. IF the issue persists, log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, follow: How to get technical support

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋