License overused

total
Go to solution Solved by total,

Hello,

I have a 3 PC KAV licences (2 laptops and on PC)

I like to "experiment" with PC (uninstall/install, try various AVs) . At a certain point I couldn't reinstall KAV and I got "license overused  (still working fine on 2 laptops)

I contacted Kaspersky , the want "proof of ownership" from several years ago... 

I do not have it , but kaspersky can clearly see installation on same IPs.

If the license cannot be restored I have no other choice than to dump KAV and use some other solutions .

Thanks!

44 minutes ago, total said:

I have a 3 PC KAV licenses (2 laptops and on PC)

I like to "experiment" with PC (uninstall/install, try various AVs). At a certain point I couldn't reinstall KAV and I got "license overused" (still working fine on 2 laptops)

I contacted Kaspersky, they want "proof of ownership" from several years ago... 

I do not have it, but Kaspersky can clearly see installation on same IPs.

If the license cannot be restored, I have no other choice than to dump KAV and use some other solutions.

Hello @total

Welcome back!

Sadly, the Community cannot assist, all of (your) private information is held by Kaspersky & is not available to the Community, but: 

1. In (your) MyKaspersky account - is there a record of the *original* subscription? 
  2. In (your) bank account or financial records - is there no record of a payment for the 3 PC KAV licenses?
  3. IF the license - subscription is active on 2 PCs but not on the 3rd - due to: "license overused" error, how does Kaspersky Customer Service explain that anomaly? 
  4. At the end of the day it's (your) choice, if Kaspersky Customer Service *need* specific information - to verify the software license & (you) select not to or are unable to provide it - (you) - still need to communicate with Kaspersky Customer Service. 
  5. You may wish to post back the related Incident reference number

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
spelling😌, added question.

• Solution

So Kaspersky refused to "reset" the counter for my 3 PC KAV license , even though on 2 of them the license is still valid, only when I reinstalled on 3-rd one I triggered the "oversused"

So, I decided to dump KAV in favor of another solution.

Bye and thank you for your help.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Same problem here. Kaspersky doesn't care about its paying customers. Bought 1 year license Kaspersky Antivirus, reinstalled the PC and activation does not work - maximum number of activations exceeded (I only activated it once when I bought it) LOL.
What a bad company. Support didn't want to help me. Then I just bought a new license... had to reinstall again and exactly the same problem. Wrote to support, let's see what they do this time. Probably the same.... not help. ^^
Miserable "company" and even worse service and customer treatment.