KSC11 MMC Shows Plugs Must Be installed

I have recently upgrade KSC10 to KSC11 (11.0.0.1131) On the MMC it is showing the message "plug-in(s) for Kaspersky Security Center 11 must be installed" When I click on this message, the window "current application versions" appears but it is blank, I have not installed the Web Console (right now our server does not have enough RAM to meet the recommended specification) How can I install the necessary plug-ins and remove this message? Thanks, Paul

Hi Patrick, Thanks for coming back to me. This is what I see on the main window of the MMC: When I click on this, the following blank box appears: If I try to change the filters, it remains blank no matter what: It's almost as if KSC11 thinks there should be application plug-ins installed but they are not fully recognised? Thanks, Paul

• 8 months later...

Having the same problem.  I understand what you are saying above, but the Software Versions report doesn’t show what plug-ins are needed, only what software is in use.  In my case, software in use is:

KES 11.3.0.773

KS4WS 10.1.2.996

Security Center 11.0.0.1131

Network Agent 11.0.0.1131

There are no specific plug-ins for Security Center or Network Agent.  The plug-ins for KES 11.3.0.773 and KS4WS 10.1.2.996 are installed, as are the iOS and Android plug-ins.  That’s it.

What other plug-in could the Security Center screen be needing?

I was told by tech support that the Download Updates problem was being caused by an old plug-in being installed, so I followed the support document and removed all of those not in use via the “uninstall string” from the registry (https://support.kaspersky.com/9303).  This error has been persisting ever since and download issue is still not resolved either.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Guitardood

Hi Milan, thanks for the suggestion.  Just as a matter of practice and experience, I’m really dead-set against installing a new product version until at least the first service pack is released.

I was able to find the missing plug-ins, some of which are not available for download, by extracting the installation package for Administration Console.  There is a sub-folder under the extracted contents called Plugins, which contains sub-folders of all KSC plug-ins available at the time of KSC11’s release.

The four I found I was missing that appear to be required, at least on my system, are: KES10SP2, MDM4IOSPlugin and MDM4ExchangePlugin and KS4WS10 (btw, those two MDM plug-ins are not available as individual downloads and appear to get installed by default with Admin Console installation).  Once these four plug-ins were installed, the warning on the main monitoring screen went away.

Best,

Guitardood

• 3 months later...

Hello,

Today I upgrade KSC11 to KSC12 (12.0.0.7734)

On the MMC it is showing the message "plug-in(s) for Kaspersky Security Center 12 must be installed"

When I click on this message, the window "current application versions" appears but it is blank,

How can I install the necessary plugins or what plugins.. How can I remove this message?
Please help me because that message is driving me crazy and I can't find a solution. 
I checked all the plugins and everything seems to be fine.
Except for that message, everything goes perfectly

Best regards,

Iulian

Hm.. that is really funny, since I can see only two policies and of course you have plug-ins installed for both of them ;)

Btw. there is patch available for KSC 12, have you already installed it? See this link for more info. It might resolve this bug..

Milan

Should I just install this one?

Hi @MilanBortel 

Okay. I stopped KSC, I uninstalled the plug-in, I restarted the server, I installed the new plug-in provided by you, I started KSC and the result is the same

On Saturday I completely uninstalled KSC with the backup procedure (Kaspersky Backup Utility) and I restarted the server after which I reinstalled KSC and I did Restore Administration Data. and I had the same result.

Hi @MilanBortel 

I did submit a technical support request on company portal.

Thank you for your support.

Have a nice day,

Julian

Hi,

I had the same issue and I just found out a few minutes ago the missing plugin (at least for my case) :

• We were missing the “Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 Service Pack 2 for Windows” plugin. (even if we don’t use this version since quite some time now, we only have KES 11.2 and 11.4 installed)

You can download it there : https://support.kaspersky.com/9333#block8

I discovered it purely randomly because our KSC 12 is still offering KES 10SP2MR3 update (also we don’t have KES 10 installed anymore).

Hope this fixes your issue too.

I’m still looking for a way to make this version disappear from our KSC.

Sylvain

Hi @MilanBortel 

I did submit a technical support request on company portal.

Thank you for your support.

Have a nice day,

Julian

Hi,

I had the same issue and I just found out a few minutes ago the missing plugin (at least for my case) :

• We were missing the “Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 Service Pack 2 for Windows” plugin. (even if we don’t use this version since quite some time now, we only have KES 11.2 and 11.4 installed)

You can download it there : https://support.kaspersky.com/9333#block8

I discovered it purely randomly because our KSC 12 is still offering KES 10SP2MR3 update (also we don’t have KES 10 installed anymore).

Hope this fixes your issue too.

I’m still looking for a way to make this version disappear from our KSC.

Sylvain

Hi @bsylvain

Hi @MilanBortel 

To see the miracle! 😲😱
With @bsylvain  instructions, the problem was solved. 🤣🤣

Thank you very much @bsylvain 👍👍

Julian