KSC WEB console question

Go to solution Solved by ElvinE5,

Hello,

After this problem with no solution, we decided to recreate a new KSC v 14.2.10359 from scratch on linux and rebuild everything fresh and updated.

We're trying to manage everything from web console (which we never used in the past). Seems everything is working fine at the moment but i have 2 questions:

1- The old MMC console has the very useful button to send a wake on lan packet to startup PC remotely, we use that a lot but i can't find the same button in the web console. Is this button missing?

2- Please look at the attached image. We created some groups and moving inside some Computers but when I try to open this window I see only the name of the groups, no computer inside. When I try to expand a group i see something loading for a millisecond but still no computers loaded. I have to find them on the complete "managed devices" list but computers are not ordered or divided by group, very complicated to manage this way. Is this correct?

If "Yes", this part of the page (red arrow) is completely useless, why not add the computers inside the groups?

If "No", any idea why i can't see the computers and how to solve?

Thanks

ksc error.JPG

• Solution

26 минут назад, Pcom сказал:

in the web console. Is this button missing?

probably a limitation of the web console...

the item still remains in the tasks ... one since there is no context menu, sending this command in the same way is not possible ... in principle, you can connect an MMC console in your Linux KSC

https://support.kaspersky.com/help/KSCLinux/15/en-US/230088.htm

26 минут назад, Pcom сказал:

If "No", any idea why i can't see the computers and how to solve?

in this console it looks a little different and you won’t see the usual tree like in MMC, you kind of follow the link by clicking on the group that you need... and on the right side you should see the devices that are located in it

Спойлер

image.thumb.png.10b1c7eefe062da0c677158082ea68e2.pngimage.thumb.png.cb79ebc519f3b9180987571a4f9cd172.png

Спойлер

image.thumb.png.9eab2ec5fe533b59fbea34775cbffeee.pngimage.thumb.png.da9ce1207a472c70de5412b3de8f667a.png

I hope you have become familiar with the functionality of KSCL before switching to using this version of the management server ... since it does not yet support all KSCW functions

https://support.kaspersky.com/KESB/14.2/en-US/228569.htm

Edited by ElvinE5
  • Like 1

Thanks Elvin!

1- I created a manual task to "start application KES" and in advanced options i set up to send wake on lan packet 1 minute before. This way when I manually launch the task, KSC will turn on my computer. It's different from the old MMC console but it works.

2- I executed the command you suggest to open port on linux and connect MMC console to linux. This is a good alternative, i like to have both solutions now. Didn't ask for this but you read my mind, thanks! 👍

3- limitation of KSC on linux shouldn't be a problem, the missing feature are something we're not really using but I hope Kaspersky will push on this solution and bring all the functionality in future, nobody likes to pay a windows license to manage kaspersky when linux can do it for free.

4- the only thing still not clear is the managed devices window in KSC web console. In your screenshot, you have PM-KSC-01 in white, managed devices in white and all the subgroups in white, clickable (i think). If you look at my screenshot I have in white only KSC server, then managed devices and all the subgroups are in dark grey and i cannot click them. If I try to click on subgroups name i see the something loading for a fraction of second but nothing happen or appears. And no pages are loaded in the central frame of the website when i try to click the groups.

4. :))) I think I understand what's going on with you, I'll assume that you click here... and get your picture

Спойлер

image.thumb.png.181754aa3ceab4a5fb4e689ac8d1c9da.png

It’s funny I didn’t pay attention to this before, I can’t tell if it’s a bug or a feature :))

try this...

Спойлер

image.thumb.png.81df75db22bbb71e8e6e5b3655148d69.png  image.thumb.png.3b6227317deca8f2e076fbf3bc359fea.png

profit... :)))

3. The 15th version of KSCL was recently released Distributions have already appeared today ... I think you will be interested in the addition of useful functionality - for example, AD polling, which did not exist in 14.2 ...

Edited by ElvinE5
  • Like 1

Yes, same situation here.. A bit strange, i think it's a bug not a functionality. I don't see the reason behind this choice if it's not a bug.

Good tips about KSC v15 but i want to wait the MMC support at this point.

Thanks!