KSC as WSUS server settings hidden

Biruk

Dears, we have a small client (Advanced licensed) which has a KSC & WSUS service running together. I have these tasks

1. Perform windows update sync 

2. Find vulnerabilities and required updates.

3. Install required updates and fix vulnerabilities.

After this, I tried approving a set of updates and was able to push them to the clients. 

However, from client I can see that the windows update policies are managed by Administrator but I see additional settings like “Specifies the hours before checking for updates”, “Set automatic update options “. Additionally I notice that the “Perform windows update synchronize” task is scheduled but can’t be run as frequently as I like. 

My question is where’s the setting for the above WSUS service. Is it a GPO or Registry key? How can I fix the “Perform windows update synchronize” task issue? Please help.

-Biruk.

Hello Biruk,

we use the WUA (Windows Update Agent) for install the Windows Updates. So the Installation is triggered by Kaspersky Network Agent but the Installation is done with WUA. You can set the most Settings in the Task "3. Install required updates and fix vulnerabilities." but additional in the Network Agent Policy.

As an Example the Updates Installation is a bit strange

1. Perform windows update sync

Will download Meta Data for all Products and Languages what are set in the Task

2. Find vulnerabilities and required updates.

that Task is searching for available updates

3. Install required updates and fix vulnerabilities

that will trigger the Perform windows update sync task to download the applicable updates that transfers the Updates with the Install Task to the target Device and install this with help of WUA on the target

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the reply. It’s a good input regarding the WUA. I think i pretty much set the setting as your suggestion. 
What I find difficult to understand is I found Windows update settings that I didn’t specifically set. 
How can I set these. Like the update schedule among others.

Hello Biruk,

the Schedule when Updates should be installed is set in the Properties of the Install required updates and fix vulnerabilities Task Schedule Settings but it could be different if the Setting Start installation at device restart or shutdown is used.