KPM multiple accounts, how to switch between them

Erwin-NL

Hello,

I have been using KPM for years now for a mix of private and work related passwords, this all works fine.

But now my wife and daughter als have a KPM account to safeguard their passwords, this also works great.

But here comes the issue.

How do we switch between our separate KPM accounts on our livingroom computer at our home because it now only shows a logon screen for my wife's account and i can't change that.

Hello, I have been using KPM for years now for a mix of private and work related passwords, this all works fine. But now my wife and daughter also have a KPM account to safeguard their passwords, this also works great. But here comes the issue. How do we switch between our separate KPM accounts on our livingroom computer at our home because it now only shows a logon screen for my wife's account and i can't change that.

Just to be clear, i am not looking to migrate the three account into one account, i just want to be able to switch between them. And yes they are al payed accounts.

Hello @Erwin-NL,

Welcome!

1. Were the KPM licenses purchased separately or combined with a Kaspersky AV solution, e.g. Kaspersky Internet Security or Kaspersky Total Security or Kaspersky Security Cloud?  

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

The KPM licenses where purchased separate of each other, we all have our own “My Kaspersky” account. We use KES11.4 as anti-virus (from my work account).

Hello @Erwin-NL

Thank you for the additional information👌

• Unfortunately, a KPM software license is intended to install one KPM vault per machine, it’s not possible to install the same software multiple times, so that there are 3 KPM vaults, nor is it possible to interchange accounts for the locally installed KPM.
  • We reached out to Kaspersky Technical Support, they have confirmed this. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Sorry, it's in Dutch, as you can see there is no logout (in Dutch uitloggen) option available.

Hi Erwin,

Please see below , sorry it’s in English
⚠ You can only upload your own data to another account .
Export / Import between different accounts is a complicated option.
BTW , no problem with Dutch in this community.

Hi Berny and Flood and Flood's wife

Unfortunately logging off does not work, because i would need to login using a password i do not have (well i do but only because were family), so it's not really a working solution.

However i did find a solution not a pretty one but it works, by simply deleting the below mentioned folder, there is no longer any account history, when starting KPM i now have to enter my 'My Kaspersky’ name and password followed by my KPM vault name and password.

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Password Manager\

I simply created a batch file with a folder delete action, and boom problem solved. 😎