KIS vs KS under the 'hood'.

ghostchips
Go to solution Solved by Berny,

I get that visually; Kaspersky Internet Security and Kaspersky Standard are different. I have read it in other posts about what the difference is. I understand that KS is replacing KIS, and that you can use your KIS subscription to activate KS. These are the answers given to the question "what is the difference between' when it is asked.

My question is: are they different component and feature-wise behind the GUI? To elaborate, are they using the same underlying modern technologies? Or does KS have some functionality in terms of security and protection that KIS does not have?

I ask because I like the look of KIS and want to continue to use it until it is retired. BUT, I am willing to sacrifice this want for a need if KS is using better technology underneath the pretty 'face'.

Thank you for your time.

Edit to add: I am only asking about the Windows desktop versions, I don't need the other device functionality like ios or android.

Edited by ghostchips

21 minutes ago, Berny said:

@ghostchips Welcome.

Please see “Explore the features” in this FAQ

Hi and thank you.

I have read those pages about Kaspersky standard. what I want to know is if Kaspersky Internet security has all the malware/exploit/etc protection as Kaspersky standard for Windows desktop. Are they equal in protection and security? Thank you.

• 1 year later...
Doc Gautham

Kaspersky has upgraded and standardized their software. Kaspersky Standard is now the basic version. All previous Kaspersky apps including KIS has been discontinued. Kaspersky Standard has all the features of KIS. It has File Antivirus Scan, Network Attack Blocker, Safe Browsing, Mail Anti-Virus, Firewall, System Watcher, Anti Phishing, Safe Money, Data Leak Checker, Private Browsing, Webcam and Mic Control, Stalkerware Detection, App Intrusion and Violation Control, Anti Banner, Unwanted App Installation Blocker, Adware Remover, Privacy Cleaner, Automatic Threat Detection PLUS PC Cleaning and Performance Optimization tools