KIS disregards gaming mode on Steam

ZeroDegreez

Kaspersky Internet Security, version 21.3.10.391 (k)

Hi!

I have gaming mode activated, but still Kaspersky starts downloading another update and crashes the game when I play on Steam (usually civ 5). Why is that and how do I fix it?

I know it the download that kills the game, because every time the game breaks the download just started.

Regards

ZD

I find it strange that KIS can't handle gaming mode. You're saying that they can't on Steam, but Kaspersky Standard can? I mean; KIS has gaming mode after all.

Will the days I have left on my KIS antivirus be lost or added to the new Standard version? What happens to those days if I choose the Premium version?

Edited by ZeroDegreez

@ZeroDegreez

You may first try this suggestion from @Igor Kurzin for your current Kaspersky Internet Security version 21.3

On 10/14/2022 at 9:19 AM, Igor Kurzin said:

1. Disable Self-Defense via Settings -> General
2. Exit Kaspersky product
3. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete all the contents (files and folders)
4. Run Kaspersky product
5. Enable Self-Defense
6. Check the issue.

If no fix your next option is Kaspersky Standard :
https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/standard  (Global EN version - No regional restrictions)

You can proceed with an on top install and Kaspersky Standard will import your current KIS license & your options, you will not loose your days left.

• 2 weeks later...

Those 2 things were the first I did. Sick of this, I just disabled automatic updates and that usually works. Once it broke the game anyway when a new update got available, cause it told windows and the sh1t hit the fan, pardon the french. Gonna look for a new av once my paid time is up. Shouldn't have to deal with this. Thanks for trying!