KF's scan became too slow.

Blue Sea

Both types of my KF's scans (Rootkit & Full) are now taking much more than double time than it was doing few days ago. Some details: Last Full Scan done yesterday lasted: 5h 41m. Today's Rootkit scan lasted: 3h 7m. last Updating process lasted: 11m 16s. (minutes ago). Usually, all scans types take less than half the a/m times. The main change made to the system in the last 3 days was uninstalling and re-installing Office 2013 Pro. Any idea or suggestion, please?

I attach herewith 3 detailed reports for yesterday's Full Scan (18 June), and today's Rootkit Scan (19 June), and the last Updating Process (a while ago, today): Reports generated by the KF's Export Tab. Thank you.

1. With support from Microsoft, I uninstalled, then reinstalled Office 2013 Pro Plus. It took several attempts, and several hours, until it succeeded. 2. I made also another thing: that in the msconfig, Boot Advanced Options: I tried to increase the Number of Processors from 1 to 2 to speed up my CPU. But this step looks unsuccessful. Now this Number of Processors shows only number: 1. (the other numbers: 2, 3, 4) do not appeare now in the related drop-down window.

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions: https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/3632 Please upload the GetSystemInfo zip folder that is inside the larger GSI zip to the GSI parser site http://www.getsysteminfo.com/ and post the url to the parsed report here, in your next post.

Kindly, I couldn't get the said URL. Something is going wrong. The link you sent did not work properly. It took too much time without uploading anything. I got the requested file using an earlier version of the GetSystemInfo. But could not get URL. Could I upload the requested system file to you directly?

You're welcome. https://www.getsysteminfo.com/report/c28ed5ddf1df628a23bd7f92d7e8a1ba Worthy try: Uninstall and re install Kaspersky, but do routine disk maintenance while Kaspersky is uninstalled: Defrag, disk cleanup, checkdisk, uninstall unneeded stuff, do a few restarts, then re install kaspersky > update databases > restart > again update databases > again restart. If all is well, subsequent scans should be faster, not slower.

1. Thank you so much for your kind care.
  2. I put all the points you just posted in my mind and in my notebook to apply whenever this, or the like, happens again.
  3. What I tried today was to Re-install Windows 10, with the option of Keep Documents and Software in place.
  4. The Re-installation process took 5h 20m.
  5. I soon checked my Kaspersky Free's Fast Scan. It took only: 20m, ie the usual time I'm used to; and now i'm about checking the Full Scan time, which should be around 2h 30m.
  6. The 2nd change I mentioned to you yesterday (=the Number of Processors of the CPU, that could be accessed thru msconfig Boot Advanced Options), returned normal after today's re-installation.
  7. I wished to inform your kind self and the Community here of today's results, so that this experience could be exchanged.
  8. Again, thank you, and all who gave me advice, so much for the kind care.
  9. I'll always think of you, and the Community here, as a true support, whenever needed.